Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach - 3D turn-based strategy from Slitherine

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
:necro:

How does this compare to Gothic Armada 2?

Kinda have the 40k itch again, and both games are cheap right now, but only have a mediocre reception in their threads.

The games are at 7€ and 8€ right now, are they worth that much? And did anyone play that new sandbox campaign?

Personally, I prefer BFG: A2. In terms of SP, it offers grand campaigns for several races, the campaigns are fucking huge (I mean easily 80 hours per playthrough if you want to do all the side stuff) and have a simple but nice strategic layer where you build up the systems that you control and create, create new fleets, move your fleets around and decide which missions to undertake. It is acutally posible to lose the game on the strategic layer if you dont pay attention to it (there is an economy - your fleets have upkeep that has to be covered by the resources produced by your systems). There is even some nonelinearity (in Imperium campaign you can decide whether to work with Eldar or go for pure human domination that the Inquisition demands). There is a researchable tech tree and some RPG elements (picking perks for your fleet commanders as they level up). The only major problem with the game is that MP is dead at this point, but the game is worth it for SP alone.

SR is an OK tactical game, but as was pointed out above, the forced disconnect with your core units is a huge bummer and the strategic layer is largely pointless. There are some nice ideas (for example the Imperial Knights and their Ork equivalents are done well and if I am not mistaken this is their first videogame appearance), but overall (unless you are a Space Wolfs fanboy) the game is nowhere near as good as BFG: A2.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Galdred is very on point so let me just emphasize that Sanctus Reach is not exactly deep but as a fairly light strategy game with 40k skin it is quick and good fun to play and worth those couple of bucks.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I gave the game another try. It is miles better than it was at release.
The combat system favors maneuver a lot, given how rear armor is weak for every vehicle, while front armor is very sturdy for a lot of them.
It might not be a very good representation of the universe (but the 8th edition also allows heavy bolters to destroy a dreadnought!), but the combat is interesting.
Orks are fun to play, because they lack the usual tools to deal with armor(except for their Gorkonaut and battlewagon with Suppakannon) , and have to rely on flanking with light vehicles to get the job done.

Part of the problem with the system is that the devs didn't make the models needed to give orks a fighting chance against armor under a more "realistic" system (they lack meltaguns, and the nobz don't have a powerklaw option, unless they are in mega armor. They also don't have lootas or tankbustas).

The combat itself is now better than in Final Liberation, because you cannot only rely on long range anti tank weapons. Getting close and flanking your opponent are required here. Also, you can find opponents in MP games, unlike in FLib.

But as anvi pointed out, the campaigns are a bit too drawn out for their own good.

Yes, it's a shame they didn't implement all the orcs units, then again, they'd have had to tweak things a bit since you can be pit against 5x your units numbers and it's just the 4th or 5th mission (third campaign, i think)
There's some user content you can download directly from the game menu ( 5 or 6 maps, or are some campaigns, i downloaded and just checked one, fast)

So, there's no Titans? It's a real shame, i'm having so much fun with the land-speeders and even more with the whirwind.
I feel like not having all of your units available all the time forces some turn over and also slows down leveling so it's probably a good thing, the game is easy enough.

Well, it's quite tough on max difficulty, even if the casualties don't reflect it (2 down in 5 missions) because you're swamped and only low morale among your enemies saves you from total annihilation.

On top of the weaker side and rear armor, morale plays an important role, most of the time spreading your units in groups to attack multiple enemy regiments allows you to break or rout them, which is exactly what you need to suffer little to no losses.
So, for me, it's already better than Final Liberation, even without titans (which are hard to balance).
Also, even if the campaign mechanism are bare-bones, i kind of like the victory points thing, it's simple but it adds some movement.

Personally, I prefer BFG: A2. In terms of SP, it offers grand campaigns for several races, the campaigns are fucking huge (I mean easily 80 hours per playthrough if you want to do all the side stuff) and have a simple but nice strategic layer where you build up the systems that you control and create, create new fleets, move your fleets around and decide which missions to undertake. It is acutally posible to lose the game on the strategic layer if you dont pay attention to it (there is an economy - your fleets have upkeep that has to be covered by the resources produced by your systems). There is even some nonelinearity (in Imperium campaign you can decide whether to work with Eldar or go for pure human domination that the Inquisition demands). There is a researchable tech tree and some RPG elements (picking perks for your fleet commanders as they level up). The only major problem with the game is that MP is dead at this point, but the game is worth it for SP alone.

Interesting, well, it looks like it's too demanding for my toaster but even then, it's real-time and some reviews point out some serious flaws like freezes.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I thought it'd be boring but i reached mission 13 (i think), somewhere halfway the third campaign and it's even better than when i started.
After a tough fight in grim darkness mode, sometimes, i switch to veteran for a mission, it's quite intense in grim darkness and way more time-consuming.

This game would be a masterpiece with only 3 additions:
  1. No random upgrades, it's annoying and you can even get a choice with upgrades you already took (like two heals and yes, i checked on a cheap unit, they share the same cooldown)
  2. A good Strategic Layer
  3. Add the Titans
The strategic layer could and should be deeper than Final Liberation's one, As far as strategic layers go, UFO is by far the best, Fantasy General is quite good too.
Having non-combat leveling units giving some boosts and some features.
For example, a scout giving reports on the enemies we're facing at max level and warning a couple of turns before when the enemy is going to send reinforcements and from where.
A trainer giving xp boosts and at max level giving a category of units an extra perk.
And of course, you'd have a limited number of these non-combat units unlocked through the campaign or you'd have to buy them (resources gained y conquering new areas)
And if we add two more
  • Branching missions, but more complex like in Fantasy General where the separation is unclear but you need to have done a couple of specific missions to unlock secret ones.
  • You unlock Heroes by doing their missions ans rescuing them (or just helping them, i can't see how you could rescue them if they're already in the fray.
Anyway, even with just the tactical layer, it's good, the SFX quite good too, it's a big part of the game's atmosphere.

Also, I prefer the Space Wolves to the Space Marines.

Ahoooooooo!

Death to those who oppose the Emperor!

:timetoburn:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, is this a good gaem? Although I like Gladius a lot, I'm itching for a more handcrafted campaign in the WH40k universe. This or Battlesector? Or anything else like them?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
So, is this a good gaem? Although I like Gladius a lot, I'm itching for a more handcrafted campaign in the WH40k universe. This or Battlesector? Or anything else like them?

Well, it's good as long as you didn't max your favorite units levels (although, your troops are divided in two and they're both only available every other mission), then, it's harder to muster the strength to complete the campaign.

Buy this one during a massive sale, it's clearly not worth the full price, it's good TB combat but there's nothing else.

Battlesector seems interesting but i doubt it'll be good enough before release + 1 year of patches and DLC.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Eh, I'm not clamoring for mediocrity right about now. I'll stick to Gladius then ;d

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is not mediocre. It has ab good combat system, but the campaign is not very engaging, and offers less decision outside of combat than final liberation or rites of war.

Lacrymas

Arcane
What do you mean by "the campaign is not very engaging"? I saw some let's plays and there are some weird stuff like giving you a list of units to choose from each mission and every mission seems like capturing and defending victory points for a specified number of rounds. That seems like it will get very repetitive very quickly.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
What do you mean by "the campaign is not very engaging"? I saw some let's plays and there are some weird stuff like giving you a list of units to choose from each mission and every mission seems like capturing and defending victory points for a specified number of rounds. That seems like it will get very repetitive very quickly.

You don't really have much player agency between missions : you can choose to play the "branch 1" (ie missions 1-5) of the campaign before the "branch 2"(missions 6-10), but it doesn't change anything in the end.

Also, to me at least, the units you get don't really change the way you approach problems much, so it does feel samey indeed. But I don't like linear campaigns that much, so YMMV (I much prefer TW style of dynamic campaigns).
The weird rotating roster , and the lack of a roster screen also makes the units feel disconnected.

I totally agree with the assessment of Darth Canoli : The game is almost great, but it lacks a few things to be there.

1. No random upgrades, it's annoying and you can even get a choice with upgrades you already took (like two heals and yes, i checked on a cheap unit, they share the same cooldown)
  2. A good Strategic Layer
  3. Add the Titans

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Are the DLC campaigns better? I see they tout illustrated stories.

I'm planning to play the orc's campaign at some point, probably early next year if nothing better shows up.

Also, difficulty settings are not tailored for grognards, hard is too easy and max difficulty floats between orgasmic and autistic insane so i switched to hard sometimes for a breather.

The worst thing is some missions don't stop until you reach the goals and kill everyone or reach the goal + time's up and enemies can get some massive reinforcements on max difficulty and even on the opposite side of a map, there's a couple of huge maps where it's painful.
Of course, the mission is probably won if you kill everyone (+ control enough waypoints) before the reinforcements arrive but good luck with that.

Still, it's quite good combat on max difficulty, almost on par with UFO except you don't lose units.
A system like in Fantasy General where you get wounded/dead soldiers per unit and losing xp because of dead ones would have been nice.

Solid engine/combat but missed opportunity.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Great fun. This is the first tacticool game I played where EVERY SINGLE UNIT draws a free overwatch after ending its turn. And that is without consuming any of the two attack actions. So if you have a nice meltagun troop and position them well you can melt two orc tanks in one turn, and then set your overwatch so you melt a third on the turn of the enemy. I am not sure from which game they stole this mechanic, but its absolutely great. Carefully plan out your turn killing as many enemies as possible, and then when you pass to your enemy it is not just watching your army being decimated, but you see your triple crossing firing arcs decimate the enemy aswell.

Yes it has its gripes. Campaigns are boring and lazy, with literal skirmishes thrown inbetween to buy time. Map and mission design is not always top tier. Army building could have been way more fun. It is definitly not Mechanicus, but it comes close. Due to the combat as the bread and butter being delightfull I comfortably call this a good game and worth the money, especially on sale.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
About 50 hours in now, finished both the first Spess Marine campaign and the Imperial Guard one.
MzdpAI7.jpg

Balance is whack, Spess Marines are way stronger than both Orks and Imperial Guard. Orks is a horde army with overpriced units, IG is an elite unit army with overpriced units, Marines are an elite unit army with underpriced units. I assume this shitty balance emulates the feel of playing tabletop 40k by how much the playerbase cries about Ultramarines being OP and such.
Also the game can be insanely grindy, as the campaign gets longer and you want to wrap it up every fucking battle starts to be on massive maps with 6.000 point limits, and on Grim Dankness difficulty the enemy throws 20.000 points at you. The game is deep enough that you can disable an enemy three times your point limit without major risk of losing a battle, but damn does it take long to grind through the final Skirmishes.
Still I played this game 50 hours already, and I am contemplating of going in immediatly again to play the Orc campaign and the Chaos campaign after that. For all its sins, when you carefully maneuver your Chimera unit tank through the enemy lines, unload your Adeptus Scion Powersword squad, turn a giant Orkz mech by hitting it in the back, and the turn it to glowing rubble through a multi-melta attached to a Leman Rus Punisher you know joy in your life.

n0denz

Novice
How are the Slitherine games? The only thing I know about those guys is that they provided the software for that old cringe show "The Deadliest Warrior".

Lacrymas

Arcane
How are the Slitherine games?
Very hit and miss, but when they do hit the game becomes an all-time favorite for me. Games like WH40k Gladius, Field of Glory 2 and Fantasy General 2 (the FG2 devs have another banger - Conquest of Eo) are amazing and among my favorite games. You have to keep in mind that Slitherine only publish games, though, they aren't devs themselves.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
They're still working at the game. They've been at it the whole time so I've been waiting. The big patch was 1.4.0 in 2021 but they're still going.

Current patch is from Nov last year:

Version 1.5.0
• AI units can attack when panicked.
• AI can use any ability when broken that the player can use when broken.
• AI only uses Blessing Of Mork if HP or Morale have been reduced.
• Out of actions icon shows after using Ammo Runt if you have no actions.
• Out of actions icon shows after a bonus melee attack if you have no actions.
• Stats for melee weapons don't show for Tzeentch heralds and pink horrors.
• Victory screen corrected for campaigns after using a bolt to attack terrain.
• Melee blast tile overlay shows for upgraded plague drone's melee attack.
• Typo fixed for text when Horrors Of The Warp campaign is completed.

Version 1.4.9
• Warpaint ability shows when your own units are in ranged of the effect.
• Full stop added to a line on the Toxic Mix object description.

Version 1.4.8
• Bug that prevented skirmish campaigns functioning in 1.4.7 fixed.
• Fury Of The Wolf ability has a tile overlay.

Version 1.4.7
• Code optimisation including for faster loading of non upgraded forces.
• Code optimisation to speed up processing for temporary objects vs the AI.
• All enemy AoE stat buffs + status effects hidden if buffing unit is out of sight.
• Out of sight enemy units aren't visible when using a Kill/Ecto Bolt on terrain.
• Basilisk earthshaker cannons given an explosion sound on missile impact.
• Units play their grunt voice instead of attack voice sound when being healed.
• Aim and turn given icon priority over everything else to prevent misclicks.
• AI uses its bonus flamer attacks.
• AI uses full AoE size choosing tagets for hellhound and lord of skulls flamers.
• AI uses missile bonus weapons first and other bonus weapons last of all.
• AI takes status effects into account when selecting potential ability targets.
• AI units can run in to use their Melta Bomb type abilities.
• The AI can use Gaze and Curse of Slaanesh on vehicles as the player can.
• The AI can target vehicles with the Vortex and Infernal Gateway abilities.
• Bug where AI units sometimes moved too far to attack in melee fixed.
• Icon for Move! Move! Move! greyed if target doesn't have enough to double.
• The Emperor Protects ability always works if base morale is above standard.
• Scream of Slaanesh ability text shows that it can't be used if it's on cooldown.
• The Emperor Protects ability text states that it can be used while stunned.
• Stalker Sight ability increases the range of missile launcher's krak missiles.
• Bait ability works on weapons that hit a whole tile.
• Double attacks from More Dakka and Rapid Fire abilities works on flamers.
• Burners given back More Dakka as a level up abilitiy as they can now use it.
• Delay before a target dies from a melee attack with an added ability removed.
• Delay before damage text from missiles range dependant so it always shows.
• Super-Eavy renamed to Super-Eavy Transport in campaigns to match text.
• Melee text added to campaign only ability Interrogate.
• Missing text for gorkanaut's transport ability fixed.
• Number of shots given for unit size of 1 then x unit size if there's more than 1.
• Number of shots for Toxic Mix ability corrected for executioners.
• Text for reduced power and armour-piercing at a distance coloured by range.
• Text for object XP and ammo exceptions in campaigns only for player's units.
• Text for Sharpshooter and Rapid Fire extended to explain how they interact.
• Text for Fury Of The Wolf ability name added to mission debrief screen.
• Text for Senechal ability effects removed from mission debrief screen.
• Text for active temporary objects has Remaining after Duration to be clearer.
• No experience text for active vortex removed because psykers can't level up.
• Astra Militarum Krak Grenade has tile damage text straight after other stats.
• Space added between "Requirements - Complete" and the mission name.
• Two more typos fixed in The Red Waaagh campaign text.
• Time delay before removing objects at the start of a turn increased.
• Tile overlay added for Suppressive Fire ability.
• Tile overlay removed from central tile for Warpath ability.
• Tile overlays don't show if a unit that isn't unaffected by the ability is on a tile.
• Shadowsword's twin linked lascannon name changed to 2 x lascannons.
• Knights don't show blast tile overlay when using their reaper chainswords.
• Errant knight's visual movement speed increased to match other knights.
• Upgraded warden knights have Ceramite Plating instead of Extra Armour.
• Upgraded deff dreds points increased from 380 to 420.

Version 1.4.6
• Melee counter attacks work again.
• Units without reaction fire show show reaction fire icons again.
• AI mekgun is able to fire again.
• AI is able to use movement boost abilities.
• AI can use any unit type it would normally be able to against a sandbox army.
• Upgraded gretchin give Rustgob the high cover bonus for Runt Herder ability.
• Ragnar and Krumpa's AoE status effects only show if that hero is in sight.
• Krumpa's War Paint ability stat increases show on the force select screen.
• Text added above units when regaining health through a regeneration ability.
• Missing text when shooting at a unit that's used Blessing Of Mork ability fixed.
• Spiky Bitz only has a 50% chance of working, as it says in the description.
• Smoke Grenades text includes that tiles with terrain objects are unaffected.
• Space removed from campaign text for The Red Waaagh so it starts in line.
• Abilities rewordings including that certain stat increases only apply to ranged.
• Upgraded weirdboys added to priority check for the unit order in a AI turns.
• The AI moves units that can heal in the same way as other units.
• The AI selects healing targets using HP relative to current unit size, not base.
• The AI checks if it can use abilites after moving as well as before moving.
• The AI uses its Fungus Stikkbombs and Weird Bombs.
• The AI uses Smoke Grenades much more frequently.
• The AI uses the second Healing Balm for Upgraded wolf priests.
• The AI can use abilites on open vehicles for all abilities that allow it.
• AI can target a central tile with no enemy unit for Frag Grenades/Stikkbombs.
• AI never uses status effect only grenades on targets already in max duration.
• Double Shots text changed to Double Attacks for More Dakka in campaigns.
• Ammo info moved from Power/Piercing to armour stats for advanced tooltips.
• All patch changes included in skirmish campaign scripts.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/502370/discussions/0/3957036254249002160/

Version 1.4.5
• Further code optimisation to speed up processing.
• The AI uses all of its available abilities.
• AI needs the correct actions to use Air Support, Kill Everything and Threaten.
• AI doesn't put non-damage objects on a central tile that has the same object.
• AI takes active status effects into account when searching for targets.
• AI can use non-vehicle abilities on oen vehicles if the ability allows it.
• Stunned units don't get melee counter attacks.
• Units never make a melee counter attack when they weren't attacked.
• Units never counter attack in melee twice against the same attack.
• Tanglefoot fields don't cause any terrain objects on those tiles to be ignored.
• Kill and Ecto Bolts that destroy terrain don't lower the morale of nearby units.
• Durations of Scream stun, Blind and Reduce Morale status effects corrected.
• Morale reduced to base value the turn after raised base morale effect ends.
• Units aren't prevented from moving if they target an empty tile when shooting.
• Standard knight errants never on the Astra force list for only upgraded units.
• Vortex and Infernal Gateway abilities can target your own unit if it's a wreck.
• Plague drone's Rot Proboscis ability can't be used on closed vehicles.
• Missing text lines for plague drone melee attack and invulnerable status fixed.
• Text above units showing reduced Heavy Armour gives the correct amount.
• A unit with an active Blessing Of Mork only shows 0HP text if they're a target.
• Units never play their critical voice sound under an active Blessing Of Mork.
• Units don't play their grunt sound if they play their melee attack voice sound.
• The runepriest doesn't play two grunt voices when attacking in melee.
• The delays after some melee attack voices shortened.
• Lightning sound effect added for primaris psyker Lightning ability.
• Chance To Hit in popup text takes an active Phase Shift ability into account.
• Melee abilities show text above the unit for any Morale and/or HP regained.
• Melta Bomb type abilities don't show no vehicles text if the target is a vehicle.
• The blast tile overlay shows for Grukk's rokkit launcher.
• Executioners show the correct range for plasma cannons instead of cone-3.
• Whirlwinds show the correct damage caused.
• Objects show the correct damage at the start of turns playing against the AI.
• Units with Machine Spirit Ritual ability don't show +100 morale per round text.
• Units with Machine Spirit Ritual start with morale at their higher base morale.
• Frag Grenades and AoE rokkits hit terrain/wrecks and units at the same time.
• Camera only moves to an enemy unit using an ability if the unit is in sight.
• Camera moves to units using new upgraded unit abilities.
• Range halved in checks for placing the camera between units when shooting.
• Blizzard Shield ability shows for venerable dreadnoughts in campaigns.
• Drop pods don't show the +xp text if they destroy units when landing.
• Soulgrinder point dependent limit for upgraded lists implemented correctly.
• Upgraded unit levels increased by one per new ability or one for daemons
• Upgraded dreadnought cost increased from 550 to 600 points.
• Upgraded mega-nobz cost decreased from 520 to 450 points..
• Take Aim ability can't be used on flamers because they can't make use of it.
• Crit text for Krak and Melta Bomb type abilites doesn't show over -HP text.
• The ignores armour status effect text includes that it has a 30% chance.
• Only morale status effects relevant to that unit type are shown in the text box.
• Relevant temporary status effects are listed in the reaction fire popup box.
• Stat increases and status effects to reaction fire have text in reaction popup.
• Text for increased movement and status effect added for movement abilities.
• Status effect texts show above visible units when the status is first applied.
• Texts show above the unit for Phase Shift and Targeting System Disabled.
• Psyker Lightning and weirdboy Vomit abilities only show the stat line once.
• Units take half damage from temporary objects if they have that status effect.
• Correct damage is shown if there's more than one temporary terrain object.
• Multiple terrain objects of the same type after the first only show duration.
• Temporary terrain objects always show text box if another object is removed.
• Blank line added between unit and tile texts if a unit is on top of an object.
• Damage causing objects are removed immediately after their last damage.
• Death sound always plays if any individual targets are killed by an object.
• Units only play pain anim once, one pain and one death sound for objects.
• Units that are destroyed by a terrain object show the kill text above the unit.
• Delay removed for + Hit Points text above units if the ability only restores HP.
• Gretchin blunderbusses maximum damage per shot increased from 10 to 20.
• Gretchin units show the correct transport size in the unit info popup box.
• Gretchin spawned by Rustgob have half transport size ability icon and text.
• No actions icon doesn't show if a unit has unused attack from Combat Drugs.
• No actions icon doesn't show if a unit has unused attack from Ammo Runt.
• No actions icon shows after the 2nd attack for space wolf sponson weapons.
• Fury Of The Wolf stat icons removed if advanced tooltips aren't being used.
• Combat Skill value always shown in red if it's reduced to 0.
• Double attack status effect renamed to double shots.
• More Dakka ability shows double shots status effect.
• The unit's morale icon updates when the Fightin Juice ability is used.
• Removed old text line on Fightn Juice ability description that's now unneeded.
• Skorcha Rokkits show the flame tile overlay using Ammo Runt to hit terrain.
• Skorcha Rokkit fire damage added to firing info text box.
• Skorcha Rokkit ability effects shown on separate lines in the text description.
• Stikkbombs renamed to Frag Stikkbombs.
• Stat lines show in the same order, Damage- Power- Armour-Piercing- Shock.
• Added no experience for kills to temporary terrain object ability descriptions.
• Text added for ammos that hit whole tile with the double tile damage effect.
• Slaanesh Gaze, Song and Musk abilitiy texts give the exact stat reductions.
• Rapid Fire and Sharpshooter texts state shots are trebled when combined.
• Astra Frag and Krak Grenade ability texts tidied to match the space wolves.
• Living Lightning gives a more detailed description and has advanced tooltips.
• Master Crafted Weapons ability text only gives info relevant to that unit type.
• Reworded M40 Targeting System text to make it clearer and neater.
• Added can't unload to Tangle Grenade, Goo and Weird Bomb descriptions.
• Slightly reworded Tangle Grenade, Goo and Weird Bomb movement rules.
• Slightly reworded Vortex and Infernal Gateway abilities for movement rules.
• Slightly reworded Smoke Grenade and Weird Bomb for line of sight rules.
• Abilities that have plural text use singular if the unit size is reduced to one.
• Stormboyz Run For It upgrade ability switched to Fuel Injecta ability.
• Unusable Weird Ammo level up ability removed from killa kan rokkit units.
• Unusable Krak Ammo level up ability removed from valkyrie units.
• Weapon Accuaracy and gorkanout typos fixed.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Been playing the Imperial Guard campaign a lot lately - shit is soooo cash. I feel like the game is somewhat underrated given how much value it provides for its cost. I wonder if we will ever get a sequel... now that would be a blast.

BTW 30K/Age of Darkness is gaining a lot of traction lately - a game like this set during the Horus Heresy would be fucking ace and the setting is very underused in vydia so far, would be p. cool to get a game using this ruleset with 30K units.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Battlesector is a spiritual successor, but it's only good if you are interested in PvP. It's also 5 times as expensive.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Battlesector is a spiritual successor, but it's only good if you are interested in PvP. It's also 5 times as expensive.
Yes, the campaign of Sanctus Reach is much better. I also preferred the larger scale.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom