Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games

Erebus

Arcane
"Faith without deeds is dead."

Argenta, I think I love you. In a way that makes me really glad that you're not actually romanceable.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
This is worse than Kingmaker, seems like sanctions really fucked Owls over.

Seriously i like Yank i can deal with broken abilities but quests should be completable.
Tbh I didn't encounter any gamebreaking/quest bugs that couldn't be fixed with a reload, but maybe I was lucky. Talents/abilities tho are in infinitely worse state that both Pathfinders were at launch, there is literally more broken abilities and talents than working ones, tho a lot of people who aren't autists like me simply don't notice this because a lot of bugs are numerical, and no one digs in the logs to see if all their bonuses apply correctly.

I mean toybox helps but for all owlcat making good games they might legit need to either outsource QA or adopt Iron Tower studios early access, as in rather than giving access to 50% they should give access to 80% and then add last 20%. basically they should have added beta till end of act 4 then the act 5 might have some bugs but it would be okay.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
"Faith without deeds is dead."

Argenta, I think I love you. In way that makes me really glad that you're not actually romanceable.

She is nice but man with the way she seethes over Idira's affection for Theodora even more than usual i wouldnt be surprised if she played role in offing her through purposeful negligence or something and just let her die.

Shaki

Arbiter
This is worse than Kingmaker, seems like sanctions really fucked Owls over.

Seriously i like Yank i can deal with broken abilities but quests should be completable.
Tbh I didn't encounter any gamebreaking/quest bugs that couldn't be fixed with a reload, but maybe I was lucky. Talents/abilities tho are in infinitely worse state that both Pathfinders were at launch, there is literally more broken abilities and talents than working ones, tho a lot of people who aren't autists like me simply don't notice this because a lot of bugs are numerical, and no one digs in the logs to see if all their bonuses apply correctly.

I mean toybox helps but for all owlcat making good games they might legit need to either outsource QA or adopt Iron Tower studios early access, as in rather than giving access to 50% they should give access to 80% and then add last 20%. basically they should have added beta till end of act 4 then the act 5 might have some bugs but it would be okay.
They should for sure start using early access, like literally if their every release was an early access release instead, then they called their current enhanced editions actual releases. It's pure naming change, but would immediately stop 90% of criticism.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
She is nice but man with the way she seethes over Idira's affection for Theodora even more than usual i wouldnt be surprised if she played role in offing her through purposeful negligence or something and just let her die.
9f2.jpg

Vasya

Novice
Also lmao at "The Interstellar Sextant is now taking more turns before escaping in the Warp;" - the whole thing is bugged, finishing the objective and stopping the Sextant from jumping actually gives less rewards than letting it go. That is apparently not important, changing the turns number so you can have easier time getting fucked by the bug, is a priority here.
Just played this combat two times, one time letting it go, second time stopping it from warping.
Ship and character exp gained - same, scaps - same, but when I stopped it I also gained Starbreaker lance weapon. Perhaps reward is the same and ship module is a random drop?

Nevermind, I was wrong. Ship exp is not the same and letting it go actually gives more exp.

Last edited:

Shaki

Arbiter
Also lmao at "The Interstellar Sextant is now taking more turns before escaping in the Warp;" - the whole thing is bugged, finishing the objective and stopping the Sextant from jumping actually gives less rewards than letting it go. That is apparently not important, changing the turns number so you can have easier time getting fucked by the bug, is a priority here.
Just played this combat two times, one time letting it go, second time stopping it from warping.
Ship and character exp gained - same, scaps - same, but when I stopped it I also gained Starbreaker lance weapon. Perhaps reward is the same and ship module is a random drop?
Maybe they also fixed it and didnt mention it in patch notes, previously if you let it go you would get higher exp because game treated it as dead, and both outcomes would only give you scrap and random loot. Will check later if the loot is still random or will I get the lance too.

Shaki

Arbiter
cnd6Avb.png

Brooooo, this item looks broken OP for my melee character, such a shame it requires following redditor iconoclast path to maximize the gains :negative: Why every dogmatic shit I find is like "you get +3 x dogmatic level lore imperium" while iconoclast get "YOU GET FUCKEN 30 TEMPORARY WOUND ON EVERY ATTACK AND PERMA +15 DMG". Could turn an iconoclast vanguard into an immortal killing machine with this

Last edited:

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, I had a fight with some guardsmen on my side and only one of my companions got shot to death in the back. I guess they really did patch something.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Good thing I learned something from pathfinder incident and pirated this game.
If you really learned something, you would've waited for a year before torrenting it.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Nigga....bitching about the game and searching for bug work arounds on the internet is two thirds of the fun. Imagine playing a completed bug free owlcuck game?! Disgusting!

Shaki

Arbiter
Is the codex honeymoon over already?

:negative:
Nah, as much as I want to shoot Owlcat devs for some stupid decisions and all the bugs, it's still fucking fun, GOTY for me for sure
Knight tale is goty,both cuck trader and baldur's gape are inferior.
Knight tale was released in 2022 so it can't really compete for 2023 GOTY.

Also it was decent, I liked it, but it was far, far too easy, I didn't have to redo even one battle whole game, which is a deadly sin for a game focused on tactical combat.

Herumor

Scholar
If people were disappointed with Baldur's Gate 3 initial lack of epilogue, they're gonna really hate Rogue Trader's ending.

You literally, or at least I did, get one slide, click continue and that's it, the end screen flashes and credits start rolling.

No idea if this is something that's actually missing from the game or if the game's buggy and just not activating epilogue slides.

Shaki

Arbiter
If people were disappointed with Baldur's Gate 3 initial lack of epilogue, they're gonna really hate Rogue Trader's ending.

You literally, or at least I did, get one slide, click continue and that's it, the end screen flashes and credits start rolling.

No idea if this is something that's actually missing from the game or if the game's buggy and just not activating epilogue slides.
Probably a bug, Owlcat last acts are notoriously broken and unplayable until months after release. But they always had shitload of ending slides before, so I doubt they would stop doing it now.

MerchantKing

Learned
Good thing I learned something from pathfinder incident and pirated this game.
If you really learned something, you would've waited for a year before torrenting it.
:nocountryforshitposters:

Nigga....bitching about the game and searching for bug work arounds on the internet is two thirds of the fun. Imagine playing a completed bug free owlcuck game?! Disgusting!
That's Bethesda shill logic right there. What are you gonna say next? That modding a game to make it enjoyable in the first place is part of the fun?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

From what i got half the last act is missing in owlcuck tradition.

Parabalus

Arcane
cnd6Avb.png

Brooooo, this item looks broken OP for my melee character, such a shame it requires following redditor iconoclast path to maximize the gains :negative: Why every dogmatic shit I find is like "you get +3 x dogmatic level lore imperium" while iconoclast get "YOU GET FUCKEN 30 TEMPORARY WOUND ON EVERY ATTACK AND PERMA +15 DMG". Could turn an iconoclast vanguard into an immortal killing machine with this
Death in service to the Emperor is its own reward.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Should limit exterminatus options to dogmatic runs only.

... Are there even exterminatus options?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom