Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Reinhardt

Arcane
they just focused on finishing story content/pushing the game out - knowing it's completely broken, and just not giving a fuck.
reminds me what potatos did with cyberpunk

Shaki

Arbiter
they just focused on finishing story content/pushing the game out - knowing it's completely broken, and just not giving a fuck.
afaik cyberpunk was not even close to being that broken. It had retarded balance and unfun leveling and shit, lacked shitload of promised features etc. but what was there mostly worked and was playable.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
It would be a 8/10 game if it was working, but with all the bugs atm it's like 3/10. I mean, it's a combat focused turn based game, you don't ship that with combat (talents/abilities) being 80% broken.

The worst thing is that shitload of broken talents and stuff, are simple numerical/text adjustments, things like talents saying they give +stat bonus but really it's +stat/2, abilities saying they have 3 tiles radius AoE, but preview show 4 tiles, while in reality they affect 2 tiles. Shit like that. They could literally sit one guy for 8 hours and he could fix 20-30% of broken talents, just like that.
And how one guy can know which one is correct? I can create mathematic equations that shows which is balanced for that game, but... Most developers are far less capable.

Reinhardt

Arcane
afaik cyberpunk was not even close to being that broken. It had retarded balance and unfun leveling and shit, lacked shitload of promised features etc. but what was there mostly worked and was playable.
nigga, they even scammed sony "i promise - it totally works on your consoles! just sell it for christmas!"

ArchAngel

Arcane
Owlcat_Eyler please foward this to whoever decided that you are going to allow healing of trauma only on Voidship while also locking you into super long and hard missions where you cannot access that Voidship: Go f*** y*******
Seriously?! You are either forcing me to load a save few hours before to go do some other content first or drop difficulty to story mode just to pass this stupid level?!

And I do not even get enough medkits to remove all injury.. not to mention using medkit out of combat rolls a check to remove injury and uses a charge if you fail it basically forcing you to savescum because medkits seem to be this super rare and mythical resource..

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
So it's officially out? Does that mean Wrathfinder is now a finished and complete game that is safe to play?
No. It's not safe.
It will never be.
Getting through the sea of trash combat near the end of the game will damage your mental health, make your think about your bad life decisions, passage of time and mortality.

just

Liturgist
Owlcat_Eyler please foward this to whoever decided that you are going to allow healing of trauma only on Voidship while also locking you into super long and hard missions where you cannot access that Voidship: Go f*** y*******
Seriously?! You are either forcing me to load a save few hours before to go do some other content first or drop difficulty to story mode just to pass this stupid level?!

And I do not even get enough medkits to remove all injury.. not to mention using medkit out of combat rolls a check to remove injury and uses a charge if you fail it basically forcing you to savescum because medkits seem to be this super rare and mythical resource..
git gud
with toybox

mondblut

Arcane
No. It's not safe.
It will never be.
Getting through the sea of trash combat near the end of the game will damage your mental health, make your think about your bad life decisions, passage of time and mortality.

Ha, amateur. I've been wading into the sea of trash combat and thinking about my bad life decisions, passage of time and mortality for about 30 years.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
No. It's not safe.
It will never be.

Ha, amateur. I've been wading into the sea of trash combat and thinking about my bad life decisions, passage of time and mortality for about 30 years.
Keep in mind that I'm an IWD apologist.
So when I say trash combat I really mean it.

Shaki

Arbiter

I like injuries, it forces you to actually care about optimizing combat performance, the game is already easy but if you'd have no consequences for half your squad being downed as long as you win, then difficulty level would stop existing at all. It's one of the few things I REALLY enjoy about this game. Having to win final/boss fights of the mission with half of the squad with x traumas, is a super memorable and satisfying experience.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I like injuries, it forces you to actually care about optimizing combat performance, the game is already easy but if you'd have no consequences for half your squad being downed as long as you win, then difficulty level would stop existing at all. It's one of the few things I REALLY enjoy about this game. Having to win final/boss fights of the mission with half of the squad with x traumas, is a super memorable and satisfying experience.
Sure. You can choose to not run all the way back through X loading screens to Voidship and that system is already punishing enough, but I would like to have at least that irritating option.
Or they should have made it like in other games and put some resting spots on maps.
Maybe put option in difficulty to turn off resting spots for people like you.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I like the system because it means that the biomancer ability that allows you to heal fresh injuries is actually useful, I feel like biomancer is a little underpowered compared to the other pysker subclasses without having that going for it (although that might just be my playstyle as melee biomancer seems to be more common).

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In act 3, how I get the SM companion? I found him but he seems to not want to be freed. And no option to talk about him with Tervantias, there was option to free my companions talking to him...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Apparently cover is broken and does nothing.
I've had plenty of times where shots miss and a "hit cover" message pops up, so it seems like cover is at least doing something, sometimes.
According to the logs, full cover seems to only afford 10% and half-Cover nothing at all
Are you shooting with lasers? It seems like las weapons mostly ignore cover.
Apparently, but it has no basis in the lore or the PNP rules.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Why do you have so many injuries?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Because I do not save scum fights to do them perfectly. When guys fall in battle you get a trauma and on Hard you need just two injury to get a Trauma and you get injury even easier and I am constantly out of medkits trying to heal injuries..

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Because I do not save scum fights to do them perfectly. When guys fall in battle you get a trauma and on Hard you need just two injury to get a Trauma and you get injury even easier and I am constantly out of medkits trying to heal injuries..
Yea, that's perils of playing on hard. Normal is too easy, hard is consuming medkits. Would daring be more correct difficulty?

Harthwain

Magister
I know the game is a power fantasy in a power fantasy setting, but having my ragtag team taking down a space marine, Abelard literally face tanking him, at the end of chapter one was kinda, eeeh, a bit too much... Maybe if there was a better build up or some kind of special circumstances (explosions, turrets) but there was none of it.
What's next, my MC one punching a Chaos God?
Depends on how you look at it. In tabletop you have to be able to kill Space Marines regardless of what faction you are. In the books Space Marines are either portrayed as unkillable (or nigh-unkillable) or you have Imperial Guard defeating a few of them really fast, despite the lore saying how overpowered they are. The entire Rogue Trader's coterie being able to take down a single Chaos Space Marine is not that bad by comparison.

Indira seems custom-built to be incredibly annoying and I'll probably kill her at the first chance I have, they never noticed how dreadfully bothersome she is?
She would've been a passable character for me if not for her accent. I can appreciate that her voice actress actually tries to convey emotions of the character (although poorly) instead of just reading from the sheet, but the accent is really jarring. They should not have gone for the "black voice" stereotype. I mean, I literally just searched for Martin Luther King Jr. and Barrack Obama. Guess what? They sound fine. Hell, Darth Vader was voiced by James Earl Jones and his performance was iconic for the character.

Mechanically, it's buggy but you .... well, I simply respec and try something else. But I'll be blunt, the entire system is incredibly clumsy: a man can like mechanical depth but being obtuse about it is never a good thing. And by the Gods Rogue Trader is obtuse. Sometimes less is more, and showering the player in chaotic options that are both badly written and badly managed in the UI isn't a winning move: again, thank fuck for respec, it's the only way to keep the system coherent. The guy who wrote the system should still be shot because it's complete degenerate design to write such a system for a RPG, Eclipse Phase was almost more readable and the baseline FFG's system were for sure more readable. Maybe I'll get some flak for this, but was the retarded Veil/Momentum mechanic system even needed beyond Perils of the Warp stuff? Do we need extra abilities and turns in a system that's already full of them? The end bosses get shredded even in higher difficulties by stupid combos that aren't even fun, merely broken.
To me the problem isn't the system, it's how it is displayed. The level up is simple enough (you get a skill and a perk), but picking a perk is convoluted process, because there is a loooong list of them and you have to think how they can interact with what you already have, while being able to only look at them one-by-one. They could've done it better on the visual side. I don't have issues with everything else so far.

Are you shooting with lasers? It seems like las weapons mostly ignore cover.
While their main benefit is the ability to ignore bonuses from cover, they deal less damage than other weapons, because they are worse against armour (no armour penetration). But if you wear light enough armor, they will deal more damage too.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Imagine starting the game on anything but "Core Rules" (which are already dubious, knowing Owlscat) on launch day and expecting a good experience.

Also Indira reminds me of the Voodoo priestess from Zombie Nightmare:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
hard is consuming medkits

it's honestly only a problem by mid chapter 1

after that you got enough HP that except bossess/mini-bosses you are unlikely going to get much injuries, it only happens if you get hit for 40% of max HP

that being said Hard early game is decently hard because you will be fighting with a team of cripples, only after you get access to shops that you wont short much on medkit

another solution is just to be able to heal injury using multiple medkits, e.g. injuries -> old wound -> clear

it still resource sink but at least you are not forced to restart if your Abelard got crippled arm and leg and is basically useless

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom