Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

ChildInTime

Learned
heretic path doesnt matter to the plot

No route matters to the plot I think, except Nomos. There were no path choices in last planet if I remember right.

What was the point of the fight with our "otherselves" ? It was pretty random, out of nowhere...
They wanted to copy Planescape, but instead of talking down your reflections you fight them, it's an owlcat game after all.

std::namespace

Only cuck here is you playing 3rd game from same people that made two games you also hated. Don't you have any self respect?
says who? i played cuckmaker cause shiteaters here praised it as second coming of balder gay!
it fucking horrible, uninstalled after troll keep

i got suckered into rogue trader by chaos gifts... i would have 100% uninstalled it in 2nd chapter if not for toybox - it was a MAAASSSSIIIVE time and sanity saver

didnt touch the other one, though i might if god grants me time, i want to larp a lich...

m9Hpecm.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only cuck here is you playing 3rd game from same people that made two games you also hated. Don't you have any self respect?
says who? i played cuckmaker cause shiteaters here praised it as second coming of balder gay!
it fucking horrible, uninstalled after troll keep

i got suckered into rogue trader by chaos gifts... i would have 100% uninstalled it in 2nd chapter if not for toybox - it was a MAAASSSSIIIVE time and sanity saver

didnt touch the other one, though i might if god grants me time, i want to larp a lich...

m9Hpecm.png
Sounds like a bunch of excuses.
There was nothing stopping you from quitting the game early.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Sounds like a bunch of excuses.
There was nothing stopping you from quitting the game early.
People here are gaming addicts who if they are not playing LATEST! goyslop start to shake and might even realize that they are old enough to have family. They feel young by playing the latest shitgame that the young play.

That + addiction to butthurt. It is sweet pain

Rhobar121

Scholar
Xavier
is a fucking Xenos Hybris heretic
. I really don't give two shits what he thinks.
And? He's a Lord Inquisitor, acting with the support of his fellow Radicals. The "Imperial Standpoint" is basically whatever he says it is unless the geezers on Terra have something to say about it (They don't).
Inquisitor can do whatever he can force. Since he does not have the support of the empire, he can only speak. Even if he could have called for backup, he wouldn't have done it because he would have lost his head for being an idiot.
If the player could tell him to go fuck himself, there would be nothing he could do about it officially.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Inquisitor can do whatever he can force. Since he does not have the support of the empire, he can only speak. Even if he could have called for backup, he wouldn't have done it because he would have lost his head for being an idiot.
He has his personal retinue, command of an Inquistorial warband, Chorda's dynasty, as well as a handful of Space Marines and the Explorator fleet schismatics all at his beck and call.
The plot of the game is largely driven by his antics, calling him impotent is just wrong.
If the player could tell him to go fuck himself, there would be nothing he could do about it officially.
That is the point of the warrant specifically granted to you, yes.

Rhobar121

Scholar
He has his personal retinue, command of an Inquistorial warband, Chorda's dynasty, as well as a handful of Space Marines and the Explorator fleet schismatics all at his beck and call.
The plot of the game is largely driven by his antics, calling him impotent is just wrong.
The Space Wolves don't trust him (mutually). This is not a force he can fully rely on, and they may well turn against him.
Chorda is engaged in a senseless fight against Winterscale.
Its own forces are not exceptionally large, especially since some of them are heavily occupied.

Winterscale told him to go fuck himself and nothing came of it. Chorda decided to attack him on her own initiative.
The guy is so shitty at his job that he doesn't realize that Winterscale is controlled by Khorne (or at least he doesn't give a damn, which is equally stupid)

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Space Wolves don't trust him (mutually). This is not a force he can fully rely on, and they may well turn against him.
Chorda is engaged in a senseless fight against Winterscale.
Its own forces are not exceptionally large, especially since some of them are heavily occupied.

Winterscale told him to go fuck himself and nothing came of it. Chorda decided to attack him on her own initiative.
The guy is so shitty at his job that he doesn't realize that Winterscale is controlled by Khorne (or at least he doesn't give a damn, which is equally stupid)
Well if his plan succeeds and he takes control of
C'tan shard Khorne
can suck his balls..

ArchAngel

Arcane
In my current 2nd run with Iconoclast character I finally took Grand Strategist and of course found new bugs with its abilities. At this point you can point your finger in any direction and find problems.
When I read comments from people that say there are no important bugs I think those are just retarded..
Funniest bug is with Assign Objective ability. In description says some ally needs to kill target before next GT turn but if you cast it on target and then cast Bring it on! on someone when GT gets back control that counts as new turn...

Stoned Ape

Savant
I really wanted to love this, but I can't. I've enjoyed both previous Owlcat games and while RT has a great beginning, and 40k is a setting I loved when I was growing up (I even worked for GW in one of their stores when I was younger) the lack of care in chapter 4 onwards made me drop this. I don't think I'll pick it back up until they do something to fix the combat and hopefully make the latter chapters feel less of an afterthought.

In the current state of both games I actually prefer to play BG3. It's final act might be a jury-rigged mess but it had nothing on the current unfinished state of RT.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You know how Ulfar charge makes Ulfar run through half the map and pull other groups into combat?
I found its twin brother. Follow my Lead skill gives your allies ability to move next to one who casts it. I tried to use that. I would not let me click next to Abelard but only on Abelard, and my character proceeded charging in random direction to other side of the map and activated other enemies :D
Vodka and coding do not work well together..

ArchAngel

Arcane

jungl

Augur
doooooooooooone
1/5 sharts, only for the great art/sfx and fun first chapter
rest of it is moronic garbage
heretic path doesnt matter to the plot, its just combat buffs - and its the only reason i played the game and finished it... otherwise this is a 0 like cuckmaker
R1fNbFn.jpeg

cut ship combat
cut """warp""" exploration
cut colony shit
cut single location maps and make instead something resembling a dungeon
cut draganus
cut 1/3 of combat
cut the loot and gear mountains and the """shops"""
add more loading screens
write something resembling a story
...maybe fix combat...

its incredible that one company can be so utterly incompetent 3 huge games in a row
someone is buying this shit too

Ya its shit glad I quit playing towards end of chapter 3. You explore multiple galaxies expect your going to see amazing stuff. Nope its pillars of eternity 2 single location maps but less interesting and more ugly. They put a lot of focus on all this gear variety bg3 cancer crap and writing to appeal to warhammer nerds. Too bad they missed out on actual gamers though who want quality content like real dungeons https://youtu.be/aN6LBtnZi-M

BlackPlate

Novice
I had fun up to Commorragh, which felt like a giant dungeon that overstayed it's welcome. This was reinforced once chapter 4 started, which is just chapter 2, continued. On it's own Commorragh was fine, loss of equipment and recollecting your companions, while annoying, felt like an interesting side quest. That it overstayed its welcome and completely destroyed my desire to continue chapter 4 was not. Forcing myself to play and once again build up the momentum from chapter 2 could be forgiven if the game didn't force me to download mods to progress due to game-breaking bugs occurring in every mission. My fault for playing an Owlcat game without waiting at least half a year I guess, but the experience is tainted now, sadly. Why they release a game obviously not tested beyond the halfway point is beyond me, maybe too many people willing to condone such behavior made the devs unwilling to improve, but this honeymoon period can only be tolerated by the rabid fanboys. Hope I can have fun once the game is fixed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom