Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VtMB: Mods & Patches

Holy Cow

gonna start up a new game now, any suggestions? bugfixes too, but maybe there's mods that add interesting, cut-out contente, I dunno, all kinds shit. just roll em out

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Just install Wesp's basic patch and ignore anyone who says otherwise.

Also, I wouldn't recommend playing a Malkavian the first time through. You'll get way more out of it on a replay. And don't play a Nosferatu.

CrimHead

Scholar
This is relevant to my interests as well. I saw a texture mod that looked cool, but I don't know if it helps very much (I'll have to get some input from you veteran players) but most VtMb mods seem to be of the "hey wouldn't it be cool if the malkavian female had her ass hanging out in every armor piece" variety. The game is already sexy enough. Pushing this factor beyond what's already in the game would just make it laughable.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm waiting for the clan quest mod 2.0 myself (there is the 1.2)

Quest Highlights

Brujah
Talk to Damsel after joining the Anarchs for a chance to stir things up.

Gangrel
Listen to Beckett to help him do a little research.

Malkavian
Pay Tourette a visit after making it to Chinatown for a chance to start a conspiracy.

Nosferatu
Talk to Tung after meeting Gary for an opportunity to dig up some dirt

Tremere
Council with Strauss once you’re his apprentice for a reconnaissance mission

Toreador
Talk to Isaac after you’ve paid tribute for a chance to work on one of his film projects

Ventrue
Look for a special email from the prince for a power meeting with a hit man

Evil
Talk to the corrupt CDC worker to spread the plague around L.A.

root said:
gonna start up a new game now, any suggestions? bugfixes too, but maybe there's mods that add interesting, cut-out contente, I dunno, all kinds shit. just roll em out

If you don't care greatly for keeping the game as close to vanilla as possible, just go with the full Wesp's patch. Having played the game recently with it, I can tell you that what changes there are in comparison to the vanilla game are small and generally for the better. The biggest things I remember changed is restored content - new dialog (although a few restored lines don't quite fit now) and items (some junk, a few occult items and a nice weapon).

laclongquan

Arcane
Myself recommend True Patch rather than wesp's. Even though the guy release his basic patch, it still taint himself in my eyes.

And nother note, install Tessera's Malkavian skin mods. And other skin patch. There's a replacer that replace your PCs with the skin of another NPC, so lets replace Toreador female with VV. It would be awesome.

There's an alternate music pack, seems nice for a replay

http://www.fileplanet.com/205036/200000 ... -Mod-V.1.0

WHAT is it?
"VTMB Music Mod v1.0" changes many of the music files in Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines -both theme music, radio, club and area music, as well as combat and other music.
The mood is more dark and electronic -with many rare electronic and indie tracks- for a new and immersive gameplay experience!

-new main theme that sets the mood perfectly!
-new area themes for the main areas Santa Monica, Downtown and Hollywood
-new music in the clubs and bars -each with it's own distinct flavour!
-new combat music and 'special' music (Society of Leopold, Giovanni Stronghold, etc)
-'easter egg' (credits)
-
NB: Includes these thirdparty optimizations:
-New Optimized GUI by Lenuska
- perfectly enhanced version of the bulky vanilla HUD -excellent for widescreen monitors!
-Keine Intros Mod by +Prophet+
- removes the lengthy intro movies at startup!
-Weapon Sound Tweaks 1.1 by Narf
-new Colt Anaconda sound, new shotgun sound, 'silent' Katana stealth kills (no 'jingle' music!)

-

TIP:
Play with the latest 'Unofficial Patch' by Wesp5!
Play with surround sound if possible!
Play a new game after installation to enjoy the full experience!
Turn that volume up! ;p

-

:[background]:
Older gamer (with large and eclectic record collection) tired of the 'standard hard rock' soundtrack of Vampire TMB wanted to enhance it and direct it towards a darker and more electronic universe, to freshen the game up for new playthrough value!
Made with stealthier playthrough!

hakuroshi

Augur
laclongquan said:
Myself recommend True Patch rather than wesp's. Even though the guy release his basic patch, it still taint himself in my eyes.

And nother note, install Tessera's Malkavian skin mods. And other skin patch. There's a replacer that replace your PCs with the skin of another NPC, so lets replace Toreador female with VV. It would be awesome.

Don't.
Though Tessera's patch is not bad in itself.

CrimHead

Scholar
Clockwork Knight said:
There's an alternate music pack, seems nice for a replay

http://www.fileplanet.com/205036/200000 ... -Mod-V.1.0

WHAT is it?
"VTMB Music Mod v1.0" changes many of the music files in Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines -both theme music, radio, club and area music, as well as combat and other music.
The mood is more dark and electronic -with many rare electronic and indie tracks- for a new and immersive gameplay experience!

-new main theme that sets the mood perfectly!
-new area themes for the main areas Santa Monica, Downtown and Hollywood
-new music in the clubs and bars -each with it's own distinct flavour!
-new combat music and 'special' music (Society of Leopold, Giovanni Stronghold, etc)
-'easter egg' (credits)
-
NB: Includes these thirdparty optimizations:
-New Optimized GUI by Lenuska
- perfectly enhanced version of the bulky vanilla HUD -excellent for widescreen monitors!
-Keine Intros Mod by +Prophet+
- removes the lengthy intro movies at startup!
-Weapon Sound Tweaks 1.1 by Narf
-new Colt Anaconda sound, new shotgun sound, 'silent' Katana stealth kills (no 'jingle' music!)

-

TIP:
Play with the latest 'Unofficial Patch' by Wesp5!
Play with surround sound if possible!
Play a new game after installation to enjoy the full experience!
Turn that volume up! ;p

-

:[background]:
Older gamer (with large and eclectic record collection) tired of the 'standard hard rock' soundtrack of Vampire TMB wanted to enhance it and direct it towards a darker and more electronic universe, to freshen the game up for new playthrough value!
Made with stealthier playthrough!

Isn't there a mod that allows you to add your own soundtrack to certain areas of the game? I forgot and I can't find it anywhere... Maybe I'm imagining things. All I know is the quake theme would sound badass at the last round :D

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
root said:
I think the game is good enough as it is, apart from the bugs. So I was hoping to stay as close as possible to the vanilla, yes.

Wesp's basic patch then. I have just finished my Bloodlines replay with that patch. It does not alter the game in any noticeable way except that idiotic "restored" content in two of the clubs. Really, Troika did not use that content because it SUCKED and was totally out of theme! With Wesp's basic patch you will see some silly mainstream raver chick in the Asylum, the model sucks and the girl really doesn't look like someone who would hang out there, in fact she doesn't look like a citizen of the World of Darkness at all - I guess that's why Troika removed her! The other annoying thing are some caged gogo dancers in the Downtown club - again utterly out of theme. However, Wesp did fix a lot of bugs and thus the basic patch is the lesser evil IMO.

But really, whoever came up with the term "restored content"? Are people really that stupid not to realize that if you find resources in the data files which aren't actually used the most obvious explanation is that this is cut content which was intentionally removed because the designers weren't happy with it or unfinished content? The term "restored" is utterly inappropriate here.

The trick is finding out what was removed because it sucked and what was removed for other reasons (like time restraints, no testing, etc) despite being good / almost finished

some modders have poor judgement, perhaps to balance out their modding prowess

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom