Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vote against Oblivion! Even Todd is nominated!

MisterStone

Arcane
Elhoim said:
http://www.spiketv.com/#events/vga2006/index.jhtml

Please don´t die when you reach the RPG category...

Well, yes... those games do suck.... but really, have there been any RPGs released in the last year that didn't blow? It's not like something worthy is being ignored, right?

(OK, maybe Gothic III from what people are saying, but given the horrible state in which it was released, it deserves condemnation along with the other crap).

If you must vote against Oblivion, I say chose "Kingdom Hearts II", the game where Mickey Mouse gets to kick ass....

Wikipedia article said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_II

In certain boss battles, if Sora is defeated, a second option may be available, called "I won't give up!" It allows the player to control Mickey Mouse. Mickey is fast and has a high amount of maneuverability, as his size may indicate. He also can jump twice as high as Sora and has brutal attacks and combo ability.

Also, voting for KHII will expose that fucktard poll for the lame farce that it is. Wouldn't it be great if SPIKE TV, the TV STATION FOR MEN selects a game meant for four year old girls?

WittyName

Scholar
Of all of the games listed throughout all of the categories (except the arcade classic one) the only one I actually played was Oblivion.

WittyName

Scholar
Oh, don't get me wrong. I thought Oblivion was dull and uninstalled it after a week... just never ceases to amaze me how far downhill the gaming industry has slid in such a short period of time.

Inziladun

Magister
God help me, I was forced to vote for FFXII as 'Best RPG'. Better than the alternatives, I can't see Kingdom Hearts or Oblivion win another pointless and retarded poll, just can't!

Speaking of which, this poll really is retarded "Best Vixen"? And then listing Princess Peach as an option....

Fuck spike T.V., fuck G4, fuck mainstream gamers.

Perishiko

Scholar
MisterStone said:
Also, voting for KHII will expose that fucktard poll for the lame farce that it is. Wouldn't it be great if SPIKE TV, the TV STATION FOR MEN selects a game meant for four year old girls?

Of all the reasons to vote something other then oblivion, which I probably would have, given the list available. That has got to be one good reason. It would be too funny to watch.

Baphomet

Scholar
Oh ... who the hell cares about Spike TV's award show? It isn't for gamers. In fact, Oblivion winning any award on that show kinda proves a point that the Codex likes to make - that this game isn't meant for the so-called hardcore gamers.

Solaris

Scholar
Never even heard of that site til I clicked the link.

Mainstream sites suck....and are quite scary. I bet it has more sheep there than New Zealand...

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
MisterStone said:
Elhoim said:
http://www.spiketv.com/#events/vga2006/index.jhtml

Please don´t die when you reach the RPG category...

Well, yes... those games do suck.... but really, have there been any RPGs released in the last year that didn't blow? It's not like something worthy is being ignored, right?

(OK, maybe Gothic III from what people are saying, but given the horrible state in which it was released, it deserves condemnation along with the other crap).

If you must vote against Oblivion, I say chose "Kingdom Hearts II", the game where Mickey Mouse gets to kick ass....

Wikipedia article said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Hearts_II

In certain boss battles, if Sora is defeated, a second option may be available, called "I won't give up!" It allows the player to control Mickey Mouse. Mickey is fast and has a high amount of maneuverability, as his size may indicate. He also can jump twice as high as Sora and has brutal attacks and combo ability.

Also, voting for KHII will expose that fucktard poll for the lame farce that it is. Wouldn't it be great if SPIKE TV, the TV STATION FOR MEN selects a game meant for four yearr old girls?
If by that you mean a game where they are inexplicaby attracted to the borderline Yaoi relationship between Axel and Roxas?

Not to mention Xemnas has been nicknamed "Man sex" on Gaia...

Being a big gay tubesteak hahahahahahahahag
Ahzaruuk said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Ahzaruuk said:

GAIA? WHY? WHY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD?
One reason is because It's an Anagram of his name. I'll let you figure out the other.

"GAIA" was the focus. As in "what the fuck are you doing in the asshole of the internet".

Ahzaruuk

Arbiter
Admiral jimbob said:
Ahzaruuk said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Ahzaruuk said:

GAIA? WHY? WHY, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD?
One reason is because It's an Anagram of his name. I'll let you figure out the other.

"GAIA" was the focus. As in "what the fuck are you doing in the asshole of the internet".
That knowledge I displayed is only because I was there for about 2 months.

Then I decided to say " Fuck it" And leave. It wasn't worth my time.

WTF

Novice
Baphomet said:
Oh ... who the hell cares about Spike TV's award show? It isn't for gamers. In fact, Oblivion winning any award on that show kinda proves a point that the Codex likes to make - that this game isn't meant for the so-called hardcore gamers.

True

sabishii

Arbiter
Gambler said:
BTW.

rpgdot.com/index.php?hsaction=10070
I don't quite understand how a whole population that votes for Planescape for an 8.52 can vote for Oblivion for 8.69. I can understand Baldur's Gate with the whole "kewl magics swordz!" thing but... PST? The only reason I can come up with is that the population that voted for PST left a long time ago in ancient times and those who voted for Oblivion are a new population that have settled amongst the ruins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom