Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Visceral combat, please

hal900x

Augur
I love Fallout 1/2 combat. I'm wondering if there is anything along those lines but heavier on combat versus roleplaying elements. Graphic violence wouldn't hurt, either. There is something about a critical hit with a chaingun that will never get old.

I've been playing JA2 a lot, but the pace of that game isn't quite what I'm looking for right now. It's one of the greatest tactical strat games (if not the), but I'm also looking for something less realistic in terms of setting. Fantasy or future, or something entirely unique would be fine too.

It's very late and I'm probably rambling and not being specific enough. Worth a shot.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'm not sure I quite follow you.

You're looking for something that's...
- Less RPG than Fallout
- More fast paced/actiony than JA2
- Fantastic in it's setting
- Has graphic violence

And since you like FO combat, I'm guessing turn based?

Fallout Tactics?

denizsi

Arcane
Survival Crisis Z

Graphical roguelike in a zombie apocalypse.

It doesn't get any more visceral than that.

hal900x

Augur
I will try all those. For some reason I got the impression that SS was not turn based. Apparently it is? Yay!

Yeah, from my post Fallout Tactics is pretty obvious. I guess I poo-pooed it on release, and the general hostility here on the Codex didn't help. I have it installed somewhere to test out Awaken (crap, btw).

denizsi

Arcane
Oh by the way, SCZ is real-time. I forgot about the TB part for a moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom