Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Victoria Revolutions questions

MetalCraze

Arcane
seriously, I want to play this game. yes there's an instruction that describes buttons and functions but... it does not explain game mechanics or steps to start... controlling... the country and the interface is massive.

are there any tutorials or something to get started properly?

Erzherzog

Magister
Yeah, Menmon's or whoever's Manual is very well doone. It won't help you exactly with how to play.

I'm not too good at the game, but I'll try to answer any specific questions.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I never used a manual for it and learned it by playing. It's going to be harsh, but it's fun. And I hate it when revolutions rise in my country because I didn't accept the Bismarck reforms, or when I lose a fuckload of money because I accepted them.

Araanor

Liturgist
There's a lot of really opaque mechanics in Victoria, I wouldn't play it without a few guides/fact pages in the background. In fact, since it was 18 months since I played the game, I would probably bring them up again.

Pretty much yeah. Though it's pretty logical that not taxing capitalists makes them build lots of stuff, you might just think that taxing or not taxing them makes no other diffrence than how happy they are and how much money you get, since that's how it works in many other games. And so on.

It's the worst part of Paradox's games that so much stuff is hidden, EU3 had modifiers to troop attack / defense power that weren't apparent from anywhere but some text file somewhere in game files. I doubt that anyone really understood that when your infantry has three dots + one dot and the cavarly unit has two dots + one dot the cavarly unit is still strictly better in everything, though you might have noticed it when your infantry armies got continuously creamed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom