Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vicky2 China losing money right from the start

alkeides

Arcane
Patron
I just started this game after playing EUIII for a while now. I was led to believe that money and manpower wouldn't be a problem while playing China by the brief guide on the wiki but that doesn't seem to be the case for the former. I left the tax and budget sliders on default since the balanced amount seemed pretty good (about 1.1k per day) but within days of ingame time the taxed amount dropped and my balance became negative.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Its normal, economy needs some time to rebalance after the game starts. Most nations start losing money since there is no demand at the beginning for ANYTHING.

Normally it takes a few in game weeks/months before the economy to straighten itself out. Don't worry about getting into debt during this time, you'll be able to pay your way out after everything stabilizes.

chzr

Scholar
just max out taxes and decrease national stockpile when you don't need it.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The economy numbers you see at the start are pure fantasy. For most countries the default tax rate is far too low, just squeeze the peasants a bit more and you'll be fine.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Absolutely. I played Haiti once (fun game!) and even when fully taxed, the workers were able to fulfill all needs (and even some luxury ones).

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Tax efficiency unfortunately means that even at 100% early games taxation is very small. Unfortunately because AI cant calculate that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom