Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Very basic arcanum question?

foxfire29

Novice
Hi , just started playing Arcanum and I was wandering, you know how you pick up many notes of dead people etc? Well how do I read the content of those notes?

foxfire29

Novice
Hey big thanks for that! + no rtfm comment, nice :D I am actually reading the manual at the momment though :) and have picked up some useful information from it.

Also I think I am going to like Arcanum, it seems very good which leaves me wandering why it isn't as well publized? Maybe I have just not noticed though?

Cheers!

Worm King

Scholar
Hey big thanks for that! + no rtfm comment, nice :D I am actually reading the manual at the momment though :) and have picked up some useful information from it

The important thing to remember about Arcanum is its story, which is handled differently. It starts off as extremely generic but gets several amazing twists along the road. And remember, absolutely everything is tied to the main story.

Also I think I am going to like Arcanum, it seems very good which leaves me wandering why it isn't as well publized? Maybe I have just not noticed though?

Arcanum's graphics were dated. It looked worse than games from the 90s. It is often said that the combat is lame, too. I say it's better than in any Bioware/Obsidian game because your character build matters, enemies aren't scaled, monsters are actually challenging etc. Aside from this, it's one, if not the, best RPG we have but you need to be a connoisseur of RPGs to appreciate it. For example, an FPS whore wouldn't care that many quests have multiple ways of being solved.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Worm King said:
And remember, absolutely everything is tied to the main story.

I call bollocks on that. Tell me, in what way is getting some ancient elven artefact from a haunted burial ground for a crazy bitch or taking a booby-trapped crystal ball to a gypsy scammer connected to the main story?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom