Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 resurfaces, more to be revealed in September

Delterius

Arcane
Paradox, like all the big publishers troughout the history, at the same time became collectors of IP rights and blight of industry.
They are already making Star Trek Stellaris, we are waiting for Game of Thrones Crusader Kings.
that star trek game is also being made by a third party, which is owned by its own publisher. i mean if some company came to me and said, please publish my clone of your game that is in someone else's universe, why would i say no? paradox seems to be acting more of a landlord of GSGs rather than IP here.

ropetight

Savant
Paradox, like all the big publishers troughout the history, at the same time became collectors of IP rights and blight of industry.
They are already making Star Trek Stellaris, we are waiting for Game of Thrones Crusader Kings.
that star trek game is also being made by a third party, which is owned by its own publisher. i mean if some company came to me and said, please publish my clone of your game that is in someone else's universe, why would i say no? paradox seems to be acting more of a landlord of GSGs rather than IP here.
Let's just hope no mods will be blatantly copied in the process.

J1M

Arcane

LOL, good stuff :lol:

Finally, Curry unburdened herself of the indignities she's undergone as a woman in the games industry.

"I thought I was strong enough to lead the charge, to prove through talent and hard work and positivity that women have a vital role to play."

"I thought I was strong enough to lead the charge," she said, "to prove through talent and hard work and positivity that women have a vital role to play."I’ve had journalists assuming I’m Dan's [personal assistant], I have been referenced as 'Dan Pinchbeck’s wife' in articles, publishers on first meeting have automatically assumed that my producer is my boss just because he’s a man, one magazine would only feature Dan as studio head and wouldn’t include me. When Dan has said 'Jess is the brains of the operation' people have knowingly chuckled and cooed that it’s nice of a husband to be so kind about his wife. I don’t have enough paper to write down all of the indignities that I’ve faced."

"This is not a rejection of [Pinchbeck] but of the society that still can’t cope with the fact that a woman might just be as talented as the man she shares her life with."
Oh no, nepotism met with minor indignities! Wasn't aware that journos routinely preferred to talk to Kotick about new CoD features over people actually working on the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom