Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Valiant Hearts: The Great War by Ubisoft - Preorder available

Seeker
In My Safe Space
This is a low budget Walking Dead. No point in trying to present it as a proper adventure game, even a simplistic one. It is undoubtedly interactive story telling and it is impossible to deny such an obvious fact.

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
There's not a single puzzle in Walking Dead. There are (simple) puzzles in Valiant Hearts.
Ergo, different shit. QED.

Last edited:

Tramboi

Prophet
Patron
Mmmmh. Let's say WD never needed any kind of iteration and retroaction for me (if I remember well, and I'm quite sure about the second season, which I played recently).
VH on the other hand had a few puzzles with real state machines (move the laundry, change clothes, make the dog do something, enter somewhere et get back else). Not Riven but at least I felt like I was playing a game.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
:necro:

Finished it in like 5 hours. Actually this is the 3rd ubisoft game I finish in 2 days. Yep, cleaning up the back catalogue.

To keep it short: the graphics are exceptional and the story is great - I had tears in my eyes by the end of the game.

It has nothing in common with Walking Dead games. In fact, the puzzle parts are great and in a strange way they reminded me of the old days adventure games ... *Monkey Island* ... *Goblins* ... in a mature setting.

The racing parts and Anna's QTEs are the worst parts or let's say - the weak parts. I guess Michel Ancel input is the reason for mixing different genres - it's similar to Rayman from this point of view.

Anyway, I cannot believe how good this game looks. It could have been an instant classic if they went for a pure adventure. Good game nonetheless.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Sequel getting announced allows me to practice some necromancy. Ubisoft and Netflix enter a partnership.
https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...ee-exclusive-mobile-games-for-netflix-members

The first game in the partnership will be a sequel to Valiant Hearts, the World War I-set puzzle-adventure. Directed by the team behind the first game, the new story will launch in January 2023. Also coming in 2023 is a new Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, which will bring Netflix members a roguelite-inspired hack-and-slash adventure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom