Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unreal Tournament 2004 Codex Party Play

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Anyone still playing it? If so - do u have Xfire? What servers are you playing on?

If you have xfire add me, my nick is konjad.

I often play on 91.121.23.8:7777 so you can meet me there.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Berekän said:
Poor little Konjad, nobody wants to play with him to MW2 or UT2k4

We still love him

2isuknk.png

DefJam101

Arcane
People still play UT2004? I logged on a year ago and found 1-2 ONS servers, a few scattered INV servers, and some 24/7 face CTF servers...

On another note a solid (200-300 or so) amount of people are playing Mechwarrior 4 online now.

MetalCraze

Arcane
DefJam101 said:
People still play UT2004?

But people still play UT!

I remember logging in into UT2K4 and finding out that only like less than 200 people play there in total - then I went back to UT and there were 3000 of people playing.

Quilty

Magister
MetalCraze said:
DefJam101 said:

I remember logging in into UT2K4 and finding out that only like less than 200 people play there in total - then I went back to UT and there were 3000 of people playing.

I still play UT, grabbed it on Steam during the summer sale for a couple of bucks since my CD had gotten so worn out over the years, and it's still one of the best MP experiences for me. I love playing on the Morpheus map (I think that's the one with the three towers and low gravity) using only rocket launchers. It would be cool/horrifying to meet up with other codexers and play some UT.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Quilty said:
I still play UT, grabbed it on Steam during the summer sale for a couple of bucks since my CD had gotten so worn out over the years, and it's still one of the best MP experiences for me. I love playing on the Morpheus map (I think that's the one with the three towers and low gravity) using only rocket launchers. It would be cool/horrifying to meet up with other codexers and play some UT.
if you enjoy low gravity UT maps, try hall of giants... it's ctf though

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ah, good 'ol Morpheous. Used to play that years ago with a few friends. Our favourite settings were instagib, 100% air control, 150% game speed. It was almost like playing Tribes

DefJam101

Arcane
Takeda Kenshi said:
DefJam101 said:

Last time I checked (about two years ago) people still played Quake 1.
Clanners, yes. Very few "non-competitive" people still play Quake 1. Or CPMA, or anything with Quakelike physics for that matter. PUGs are non-competitive but many people would consider PUG players to be highly skilled, so.

UT2004 was never an FPS with an active dueling scene, nor a big competitive CTF scene, so I am surprised to find people still playing it.

MetalCraze said:
DefJam101 said:

Is UT99 on Steam now? I might have to check it out.

Also, if anyone can be arsed: http://www.mektek.net/projects/mw4/download.html

3-4 constantly full, 24-32 player servers for USA alone, with many less populated servers on the side. Played last night for an hour or two, great fun. Not bad server population for a decade-old game.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
And UT3 is suprisingly good despite the amount of bad press it received at launch (I suspect most of its issues have been patched over time though). Pretty much the best thing to come out since UT.

DefJam101

Arcane
Gragt said:
And UT3 is suprisingly good despite the amount of bad press it received at launch (I suspect most of its issues have been patched over time though). Pretty much the best thing to come out since UT.
Lacked features at launch and the new gamemode Epic designed to replace ONS is quite terrible.

Just about the only improvement UT3 has over UT2004 is less hitscan usage. Ofc there is still BOOM HEADSHOT so all non-CTF/DM gametypes remain snipefests.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
ctf_face is what is wrong with shooter multiplayer. They are boring, crappily balanced maps but they become super popular. That and 64 player mods. RTCW was an excellent game if played with 8-12 people, it was just a shitfest past that though.

2k4 had a lot of really amazing looking maps for it though. The problem with UT in general though is I don't like the guns much. Superfluous secondary (or sometimes primary) fire modes, kind of gimmicky.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
DefJam101 said:
Lacked features at launch and the new gamemode Epic designed to replace ONS is quite terrible.

No way. WAR is much better than ONS.

DefJam101 said:
Just about the only improvement UT3 has over UT2004 is less hitscan usage. Ofc there is still BOOM HEADSHOT so all non-CTF/DM gametypes remain snipefests.

And going back to a more brutal type of action like UT instead of the castrated UT2004 (which was at least a bit better than UT2003) and getting rid of assorted faggotries like combo moves. As for the sniperfest, it just wouldn't be UT without it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
DefJam101 said:
Too bad the Flak Cannon's secondary fire is more useful than its primary, lol

Primary fire was situational, but handy in tight corridors. Still. Flak cannon was the best all-round weapon in UT if you weren't on an ONS map.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom