Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underground Gamer open registration and free leech

likaq

Arcane
Underground Gamer Presents…

The Grand Reopening Freeleech!

Friday, July 23 - Friday, July 30

We are proud to announce that Underground Gamer will be once again opening its doors to new members! In tribute to this wonderful moment, there will be a site-wide freeleech starting this Friday (23 July) and lasting until the following Friday (30 July).

In addition to the freeleech, we will also have some other goodies to announce soon so keep your eyes peeled!

We are limiting signups to less than 2,000 slots with a hard cap at 30k. There will be no better time to signup than now so please take this opportunity to tell all of your friends about Underground Gamer!

// UG Staff

EDIT (7/22) Due to overwhelming demand, we have raised the user limit to 35k. Thanks, everyone!

:thumbsup:

Great site, huge amount of old gem.

:)

http://www.underground-gamer.com

Wulfstand

Prophet
Such a good site, too bad they're so ignorant. Of all I've downloaded, NOBODY would download aswell, so I had a 0.2 ratio, and now I see they've even disabled my account. The site was pretty much dead downloading wise, as it seemed that only the few uploaders still kept doing their job...
I'm curious if it's the same now, but seeing as my tale happened like 3-4 months ago, i highly doubt it.

spekkio

Arcane
Riveting tale, old chap!

28nwbd.jpg

UG is simply the most elitist and snobbish private torrent on the webz.

Everywhere else if you upload any shit, there are almost immediately some hungry leechers, ready to spend their credits on such shit. On UG, even when you upload something that isn't currently available there, you'll only get some witty comments like: "LOL, it was already uploaded back in 2003 you newb, nobody needs it, check SiteLog next time".

The only way for a newfag to reach a decent ratio is to upload 2-3 quality (and big) torrents, preferably some of them reaching golden status.

tl;dr

Piracy is bad, people! Support your publishers (while being fucked in the ass).

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Why the fuck would I seed to those morons?
I already had 5 accs there, for 5 different games for my archive.
They purge leechers pretty often.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I refuse to use any torrent tracker that requires registration on general principal.

baronjohn

Cipher
Uploaded 189.24 GB
Downloaded 27.03 GB
Seeding Time 255 days 20 hours

fiber optics :smug:

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bah. I just pirate from pirates. Who gives a fuck about ratings when you have pirate's true bros - dynamic IP and a DHT-haxx0red torrent client.

Besides I've downloaded about 20 games from UG a year ago and don't even know where to start with them even now.

Luzur

Good Sir
i dunno, its good for getting games from but its not i have use of them regularly.

got a torrent with 1991-1994 PC games though.

ChristofferC

Magister
Private trackers that require a high ratio suck, because for someone to get a high ratio, someone else must get a low ratio. It. Doesn't. Work. Why are they called private, anyway? They aren't very private. Anybody can get in.

v1rus

Arcane
Been waiting for a while to get into their "archive"... Lets see what can i dig out.

Also imo Demonoid is far better(Worse?) then UD.

My seed ratio is like...0:20? For 2 bloody years or so.

Quilty

Magister
Just torrent shit from demonoid. It's just as good as this private faggotry. All you have to do is get someone to send you an invite or register on a Friday, IIRC. There's no purging of leechers and you can often find some pretty obscure stuff there.

A user named cat

Demonoid has gotten way better over time, especially for more random and obscure stuff. I still find most shit on Rapidshare forums though, mainly ebooks which are proper releases and such which you don't find much of on torrent sites. On torrents you get mostly dickheads who upload PDF's and .txt files, which are awful for novels.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
RedCommie

Uploaded 3.13 TB (Daily: 11.36 GB)
Downloaded 88.95 GB (Daily: 322.99 MB)
Seeding Time 2 years 313 days
Share ratio 36.003

Heh heh heh....

Share the goodness of the ancient classics I always say! :smug:

spekkio said:
Riveting tale, old chap!

UG is simply the most elitist and snobbish private torrent on the webz.

That's why it's good.

The only way for a newfag to reach a decent ratio is to upload 2-3 quality (and big) torrents, preferably some of them reaching golden status.

Bullshit. Just don't be a faggot and try and leech everything at once. Pick a major torrent and take a few files or better yet, wait for a freeleech weekend to do it. That way it's piss easy to get a good ratio.

UG came through yesterday for me as well. Read up Codexers' lists of favourite adventure games and noticed some that I never played. Lo and behold, UG had them while the public shit didn't.

MetalCraze

Arcane
UG is good for finding rare/uncommon releases of same games you can pretty much find on public torrent trackers everywhere.
Like Blade Runner DVD Edition or "mature" Jagged Alliance 2 from Talonsoft.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nicolai said:
commie said:
Lo and behold, UG had them while the public shit didn't.

Name the games and I'll see if this holds true.

Outcast DVD English.

Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space.

Sword of the Samurai.

Conqueror 1086.

The Lost Adventures of Legend CD.

Death Gate CD.

Archimedean Dynasty.

Wings of Glory.

Necrodome.

Witchhaven, Cybermage, Powerslave (not all that great, but interesting things I missed out on in the 90's. Cool to have for collecting)

M.A.X.

A whole manner of cheesy FMV games like Fox Hunt, A Fork in the Tale.

Dark Sun, Daemonsgate, Menzoberranzan etc.

Of course you can find abandonware rip versions of earlier Might and Magic games for example easily enough, but CD versions with audio tracks are hard to come by.

Occasionally you will find something on a public tracker, but often it's poorly seeded or disappears quickly. UG is great for having all the old stuff there in a bunch in many versions.

Lots of these DVD versions and CD versions of floppy stuff. Along with untouched non-scene releases of many older games.

I'd add all number of ancient strategy and simulation titles, many on floppies but it's a no brainer that floppy images are almost impossible to find on public trackers in the sheer scale of them at UG.

EDIT: I misunderstood your question, thought you meant ALL games, but not just adventure games that I found in relation to the poll. Well I meant Death Gate CD specifically. Still reading up on others that I don't have.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom