Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Uncharted Waters (1990)

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
CV1qwQJ.png

C3HbBOw.png

Just started playing the DOS version of Uncharted Waters 1. How intense is this game gonna be on the trading aspect? I've been recording market prices on a spreadsheet.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
That worked well for me when I was a little kid. I remember renting the SNES port from Blockbuster and keeping pages of notes for trading as well as maps.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I've built my way up to a Carrack with 40 cannons and room for 200 crewmen. How should I be approaching combat? Should I be amassing a larger fleet, or focus on strengthening my flagship? The one time I was attacked by pirates I had two dinky trading ships and almost immediately died, but I don't know how my current ship would stand up.

aWaaV36.png

Getting money doesn't really seem like a problem in this game. There's some fairly lucrative trading routes surrounding the starting port of Lisbon, and I haven't had to go far, though I've been making notes of the coordinates of other ports mentioned in bars and by other sailors. I assume there are some longer, riskier, and more profitable routes that I'll eventually want to take in the pursuit of making investments. I have noticed that trading the same item slowly becomes less profitable as you trade, but I think that it goes back to normal with time.

This game looks really good, by the way.

DecwygV.png

Is this that PC-98/MSX aesthetic?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom