Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TSLRP changelog

Ander Vinz

Scholar
http://mantis.team-gizka.org/changelog_page.php

Now that Gizkas at 0.9b1 and it's only two years before the final release I took a quick look at the amount of work they've already done. It's simply amazing.
You can even judge the quality of rpg by it's fans. All the classic rpgs that Codex admires got fix, restoration, mod or balancing packs done by the dedicated members of fanbase.
Almost all crippled, buggy, unbalanced, pushed forward masterpieces made by Troika Games, Black Isle Studios, Obsidian Entertainment got some love, some people working on it not for money but to make it look like it should have been from the beginning.
I like this situation and hate it in the same time. I just hope that all classic games will get fixed and current trend of more playable and good supported games like Witcher and Mask of the Betrayer will be continued.

The only thing that saddens me is that I lack skills and understanding of inner game mechanic to do something with Arcanum.

Andhaira

Arcane
wow,these guys really need to get a life. Seriously, by the time they are done the game will be so fucking outdated....I mean I doubt anything iwll be able to run it anymore it will be so archaic.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You all don't know jack.

A) they're not dead
B) there's only seven issues left that need fixing. When they started those were 777 issues

Gee, some people. Just because they haven't made a new video or something since last october the 22nd that doesn't mean they're dead.

So two inmates flee from a prison that's surrounded by 777 walls. After they climbed 770 walls one inmate says to the other: "Hey, I can't go on any more. LET'S TURN BACK."

The Exar

Liturgist
I know I don't have the right to complain and the devs deserve our love but if I speculate the reasons for such a long dev time it's perhaps the combination of these:

1)The devs are perfectionists
2)The actual restoration is very complicated and time-consuming and they have a small team
3)The devs don't have enough free time to work on the project.

Sorry, but I have grown extremely impatient over the months... no - the years and I just can't wait more. :)

But seriously, if they've worked really hard on it for such a long period, it means Obsidian have released not just an incomplete but HALF a game and with the TSLRP we're going to play a sort of an expansion :D

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
They already said they'll release once the seven (+x) issues are resolved; the features are just that, features. They aren't relevant to the date of public release.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Jasede said:
You all don't know jack.

A) they're not dead
B) there's only seven issues left that need fixing. When they started those were 777 issues

Gee, some people. Just because they haven't made a new video or something since last october the 22nd that doesn't mean they're dead.

So two inmates flee from a prison that's surrounded by 777 walls. After they climbed 770 walls one inmate says to the other: "Hey, I can't go on any more. LET'S TURN BACK."

1 issue
7 issues was 2 weeks ago
1 now

KotOR2 is probably the only RPG I want to see in it's full power now...

also - that's not the last update at 24 sep 2007
that's last -video- update
lack of video updates can mean only one thing - they are fixing bugs and they have nothing new/spoiler-free to show you

also it became 0.9b1 in november. yes Gizka is slow like fuck - they promised 1.0b1 in December (if of course you can interpret words like "we will take 1 month for internal testing and then will start close beta-test which is 1.0b1" as such)

MetalCraze

Arcane
hmm... last time I checked (two-three weeks ago before 1) there were more -major- issues and overall number also was 7.
guess they found/made new ones

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
It only makes sense since this is the development stage where the teams run through the modded game to check for bugs. Something Troika, for example, apparently never did. >_>

Lesifoere

Liturgist
DarkSign said:
This is the logical extension of devs following through on the "it's done when it's done" promise.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that.

MetalCraze

Arcane
well just think...

you need to hire ~10 beta-testers and pay them money

or

~10.000s beta-testers will test your game, report your bugs and even pay 50$ for that

which option is better?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Andhaira said:
wow,these guys really need to get a life. Seriously, by the time they are done the game will be so fucking outdated....I mean I doubt anything iwll be able to run it anymore it will be so archaic.
Why the fuck haven't you gotten your double, hell, your TRIPLE DUMBFUCK tag yet?

Just wondering.

Team Gizka forums are full of 'tards but what they're doing is fucking wet your pantsastic!. I can't wait.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I like their forum rules

2) Play nice. Simple enough: don't bash others, don't bash LA or Obsidian, don't be nasty in general. There's plenty of room for discussion without rudeness. Joking around is fine as long as it's clear that you're joking.

And let me repeat this since it doesn't seem to be very clear: PLAY NICE. Don't insult people because you think it's funny, don't insult people because you think you're smarter than them, don't insult people because the full moon is out.

forum, on which codexer can't survive

Mayday

Augur
What's the problem skyway? If you feel like insulting some dumbfucks, the Codex' reservoir is more than sufficient.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
skyway said:
I like their forum rules

2) Play nice. Simple enough: don't bash others, don't bash LA or Obsidian, don't be nasty in general. There's plenty of room for discussion without rudeness. Joking around is fine as long as it's clear that you're joking.

And let me repeat this since it doesn't seem to be very clear: PLAY NICE. Don't insult people because you think it's funny, don't insult people because you think you're smarter than them, don't insult people because the full moon is out.

forum, on which codexer can't survive
It's very difficult to not break them, even if you're not a Codexer. Crybabies and sissies all around inhabits the forum.

fastpunk

Arbiter
Hats off to these guys! They covered a huge amount of ground so far and from what I've heard they're in beta testing right now. So maybe it'll be done by the end of summer... who knows. Whenever it's done, I'll be there to try it! :D

dragonfk

Erudite
Following the restoration project for those few years teached me virtue of patiance :) . They are not progressing very much lately because of the translations, or so I presume. As for changing number of issues, its normal, every once in a while they notice some new bugs and they update progress table.

And this site is for those who wonder what are the last issues that need fixing: http://mantis.team-gizka.org/my_view_page.php

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Are there any members from Obsidian that have provided any help with the project? At least someone telling them exactly what they intended to do with the game , before chopping down all this stuff and releasing an unfinished product? I mean telling them where to find the missing parts, providing them with some stuff that never got in the game and sharing with them how exactly things were suposed to be done is the least they could do.

Andhaira

Arcane
Jasede said:
You all don't know jack.

What the last 7 walls have boiling oil constantly being poured down them?

I think that would be incentive enough not to climb them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom