Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Topic watching is BROken

Cynic

Arcane
Non of my topic watching produces the desired :bro: to inbox connection that I desire. What's up with that shit?

Cynic

Arcane
I'm watching this topic...and many others, but I get no emails...so for me, yeah it's broken. Is there a limit on how many you can watch?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
  • Hello,

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Topic watching is BROken" at The Codex Forums. This topic has received a reply since your last visit. You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... 10#1799410

If you no longer wish to watch this topic you can either click the "Stop watching this topic link" found at the bottom of the topic above, or by clicking the following link:

http://rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php ... atch=topic

-- RPG Codex - Like every other CRPG site, only angry and bitter.
Works for me? Sure the emails aren't rocking up in yer junk or being blocked by your ISP?

Cynic

Arcane
Aw shit gmail was marking codex as spam! Fuck you gmail, and apologies for being :retarded: and not checking this earlier.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Cynic, that's not the only thing.

GMAIL also marks my Codex-mail as spam sometimes, obviously that's not the 'dex's fault. BUT, there are some topics for which mails are never sent.

It seems to happen for specific topics after a while. For example, I get e-mail notifications the first few times after visiting the 'Blood Bowl' and 'So, anyone playing league of legends? threads, but after a while e-mails stop coming. If I vistit the thread again, e-mails start coming again.

This happens often and with many threads.

Cynic

Arcane
Hmm okay so I hadn't gone full retard I see. Yeah I have noticed this. In the beginning I get the emails, then as time goes on, no more mails, even when I've followed the previous link in the last email received back to the topic. I suspect, when a flood of replies happens, gmail sees lots of mails coming from one source and flags it. This happens on all kinds of boards though and gmail is cool with it...I wonder why it happens...maybe goog is just not down with the dex.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
As I said, it's not google. All mails treated this way go to the spam folder unless you have the site flagged for instant deletion. I have permanently unmarked the 'dex in both categories, meaning every mail sent from here goes to my inbox.

Cynic

Arcane
Well I'm getting the emails now since I told my gmail the dex was not spam. Let's see how it goes.

ortucis

Prophet
I am not getting the emails on Gmail as well but I didnt find any topic in spam folder. We'll see now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom