Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Tomasz Gop's Action RPG Revealed as Lords of the Fallen

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: City Interactive; Lords of the Fallen; Tomasz Gop

Former The Witcher senior producer Tomasz Gop's upcoming action RPG developed by City Interactive has been revealed by him as Lords of the Fallen, according to Gamebanshee:

Action-RPG title set within a medieval fantasy world ruled by a Fallen God. Fighting against the formidable Lords and Generals that command his demonic army is one of game’s strongest features. LORDS of the FALLEN rewards skill and persistence among hardcore Action-RPG fans; it presents players with great challenges followed by greater rewards and satisfaction. The story plot and twists allow approaching the conflict between humans and demons from various perspectives. (More info later this year.)​

Looking forward to the hardcore rewards and strong satisfaction the game will bring!

Achilles

Arcane
Well the description is generic as hell, but we'll see how it turns out. I'd be happy with something along the lines of the Witcher series.

Darklife

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Uhh guys I have some news for you. I actually had some work with a firm working for CD Projekt for a while and I learned some shit there that I can't really divulge, but what I can tell you is that this guy is pure BS. He worked at marketing and desperately wanted to be a project manager for them, they gave him a chance, but he was pretty much shit at it and was relegated back to PR. Seeing as he wanted to become a project manager so badly, he left CD Projekt on good terms and then proceeded to join City Interactive.

His only work on The Witcher was related to marketing and PR, he had no involvement with the game's production. So all of this crap about The Witcher being his brainchild or something and him storming out of CD Projekt to make THE GREATEST RPG OF ALL TIME is pretty much hype. He either conned the guys over at City, or they're just glad to play along.:lol:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
What CDProjekt needs is someone who's able to give interviews etc without going into bullshit hyping overdrive. Just honest answers.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Action-RPG title set within a medieval fantasy world ruled by a Fallen God. Fighting against the formidable Lords and Generals that command his demonic army is one of game’s strongest features.

Wasn't this supposed to have the setting about a world built on a corpse of a dead deity or something? Guess just redelegating the 'fallen god' to a typical "LUL DAEMON ARMIES" is much easier.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Jesus, fantasy again?
:rage:
Well it's either that or science fantasy since no one has the brains to make a good hard science fiction game. You were taking issue with "medieval fantasy" right? Yeah, that's something.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
the largest Polish developer of computer and video games for platforms including Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS.

Lost any and all interest in this. Good luck with that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom