Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info ToEE earlier

Voss

Erudite
Well, thats true.
Given the design, it was fairly hopeless.
Scrapping a good portion of the design close to the original plan release date and going, 'hell, now we have to start over!' could very well be considered a warning sign.

triCritical

Erudite
So its shipping the 16th. Does that mean I can go to my local store and buy it tomorrow, or do I have to wait until it arrives probably the 17th? I have never understood that.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I would say 17, 18 in some places. The system is confusing, I don't give a shit when it's been packed, loaded, shipped, unloaded, etc especially since it evidently takes so much time. I want to know when I can pick it up, but unfortunately calling EB to ask for something is usually a waste of time. It seems to me that EB's policy is to employ people who've never heard of any computer games before.

When Temple of Elemetal Evil is coming out?
What temple? :?
Of elemental evil.
:shock:
E-le-men-tal e-vil.
Lemme check.
No, we have no such game. Are you sure you got the name right?
Yeah, I think so. Can you look for ToEE?
What's a ToEE?
It's short for Temple of Elemental Evil, you know, the game I just asked for
What kinda game is that?
Role-playing.
Oh, role-playing, we have the latest NWN expansion
No, thanks
We have Morrowind's expansion, it's very popular.
Nope, can you look for Temple, all kinda temples, I'll pick the one I need
half-an-hour later, after I tortured overly helpful clerk to death making him call all the way up EB food chain, I found out it's Greyhawk, shipment date: unknown (If the website says 16th, then it's probably 16th :? )

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Try Temple of Environmental Evil. That's what my EB has it listed as. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Volourn said:
Try Temple of Environemntal Evil. That's what my EB has it listed as. :lol:
Well, it makes sense, there is no doubt that Zuggtmoy and all her fungi represented a real ecological threat to the land. Sadly, neither the original module nor its computer adaptation have incorporated environmental concerns into the storyline and characters' motivations. :( :)

Peacedog

Novice
My Gamestop is saying the 17th. I haven't called EB, but I've been reading reports of people claiming that local EBs are saying the 17th as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom