Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Todd meets the Fragdolls

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
My gf is a better Witcher than me :-(

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wyrmlord said:
inwoker said:
To Wyrmlord
You mean don't understand what's difference between men and women. Why it's unlikely girl to spend her time playing games? You ever saw girl reading book about ww2? You ever saw girl watching spors, f1 etc. Same goes for computer games. If you don't know or can't understand this, you are moron.

Disclaimer1:
I have nothing against girl gamers, their group is just too minor. Womyn on this forum are actually one of the best posters. Lesifoesomething knows english better than so called native speakers. Kaiserin is weird but interesting anyway. I don't remmember Ladonna etc.

Disclaimer2:
There are no women in teh internets.

Desclaimer3:
Kingcomrade is girl when he is facedown.
You're only going by what you see on the Codex.

There are plenty of female gamers on Bioware forums. One particular Infinity Engine game fansite, Planet Baldur's Gate, has a forum with a very high number of females. Actually, a large number of gaming forums have a pretty high female population and it just happens that Codex does not get much female traffic.

I mean, it's one thing to generalize, but it's a pretty big stretch to say women don't play games. Alot of them do.

Note: Not just young women. Old women. I know one gaming forum with a large number of middle aged females who like to discuss domestic matters and family lives in the off-topic section.
thanks for missing my point

A user named cat

Oh wait, I get it. He's LARPing Eric Forman. It all makes sense now.

St. Toxic

Arcane
I've never heard a woman say anything intelligent about gaming publically, but on the other hand my ex was the one who got me to play Grim Fandango and she also seemingly enjoyed Fallout, so I'm divided on the issue. :?:

Shannow

Waster of Time
I know a few (attractive) women who play computer/video games. Apart from one WoW/Lineage 2 addict I don't know any women who spend as much time in front of games as men. They can play for a short while, like it and move on. While gamers are always looking for new games (What are good old games might I have missed? What games are you buying this month? What games will you buy next year? etc).
Since I know a girl who wants to become a counter strike pro I don't think they're restricted to the Sims either... *shrug*
All that doesn't mean that their point of view should be of any special interest.

Invoker's disclaimers nail it.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Attractive women be damned (not literally), are there any intelligent female "gamers" (not "gamers" really, as there is literally no such thing as an intelligent "gamer", but game players)? MMO's, CS and dollhouse simulations only point in the other direction; most of these players, both male and female, can barelly form thoughts.

Dire Roach

Prophet
Attractive gamer girls are obviously a construct of the Jew overlords who control the media. Their singular purpose is to draw pimply nerds' attentions and ensure that their money is spent on Jew-endorsed products and companies.

NiM82

Prophet
are there any intelligent female "gamers" (not "gamers" really, as there is literally no such thing as an intelligent "gamer", but game players)?

Well, my friends "gamer girlfriend" was clever enough to copy down his credit card details before she did the dirty and ran off, she then used the details to buy £1000 (yes, thousand) of WoW gold online to pimp her character out. Clever huh! :lol:

Jabbapop

Scholar
Wyrmlord said:
Really, what's the point of such arbitrary reminders when people say, "As a girl gamer, I think..." It's just as annoying as all those furries who like to say, "As a furry, my opinion on this is..." Fine I get it, you're a furry, please don't repeat it like it is relevant to every topic ever.

I'm thankful that they introduce their opinion like that, it saves me the time that would be wasted in actually reading what follows JKAJRLFKJIRJAK.

St. Toxic

Arcane
NiM82 said:
Well, my friends "gamer girlfriend" was clever enough to copy down his credit card details before she did the dirty and ran off, she then used the details to buy £1000 (yes, thousand) of WoW gold online to pimp her character out. Clever huh! :lol:

Not really. She bought MAKE BELIEVE GOLD with REAL MONEY in a shitty mmo, and she apparently thought the idea justified theft, which it really, really doesn't do. It's stupid enough to warrant public execution.

Dire Roach

Prophet
NiM82 said:
£1000 worth of WoW gold? Wouldn't that be the equivalent of a billion or two gold pieces? Why would she need such a ridiculous amount of virtual money?

micmu said:
Can we have more chicks and less Todd pictures, please?
news008a.jpg

DemonKing

Arcane
My wife plays games but apart from getting her to do half of Icewind Dale co-op with me (she wants to finish one day!) the only stuff she's really gotten into have been button mashing games with nice graphics like Alice, The Hobbit and the Star Wars/Indiana Jones Lego games.

RTS games turn her off big time usually (she did find the WC3 orcs "cute") but not quite as much as hypergory FPS titles. I get much eye-rolling as I grin manically while watching guys' heads pop off in FEAR, for instance... :twisted:

MetalCraze

Arcane
NiM82 said:

uh huh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom