Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Today I die

Erebus

Arcane
I suspect this extremely short Web game is unlikely to receive the love it deserves on the Codex : it has no blood, no sex and (worst of all) no cynicism. Still, I can't resist posting a bit about it.

In spite of its name, "Today I die" is neither emo, nor goth. It's not even depressing. It's played only with the mouse, and mainly by dragging things around (this is all more inventive than it sounds). It should take between 5 and 10 minutes to complete the first time.

The graphics look like they were made 20 years ago, but it tends to add to the atmosphere.

One thing that makes the game interesting is that you're given no clue at the start as to how you can achieve anything : you'll just have to be patient and experiment. Incidentally, this makes "Today I die" an excellent moronometer : if you can't complete the game by yourself, you're definitely a moron.

Spoiling anything would be criminal, so I can't really speak too much about the game itself. Besides, considering how very short it is, it's more sensible to simply play it :

www.ludomancy.com/games/today.php?lang=en

laffer35

Novice
Well, that was certainly something different.

Pretty cool, I liked it.

Hory

Erudite
Not sure what the game is about but I won in 2 minutes. Sucks that it doesn't have a high score table, even games from the 80's had them. Also the last boss ran away :?:

fatzuzake

Novice
Well, I am not a moron cuz i finished it. Unique and a little childish.
Emo my ass.

Eazy-O

Novice
Cute, i guess. Lotsa flash games styled like this, these days. The font stands out, though, should be pixelated.

hal900x

Augur
The only thing more emo would be if it had a soundtrack by Deathcab for Cutie. I swim by myself....sob.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom