Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Thorvalla Kickstarter Update #2

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
I'm obviously foolishly idealistic and all, but I'm honestly expecting someone who made Realms of Arkania to hit me with "twice as many character attributes", "three times as many classes" etc. as the very core of the pitch. I mean, if it's going to be funded through Kickstarter, so I'm expecting something that wouldn't have been possible to make otherwise. If you're making a hamburger, you can do it via the standard publisher route*.
Not sure if this is autism or ignorance. If having twice as many attributes was part of their pitch this would certainly be the worst designed RPG on earth.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Now this is some very nice art work. I would up my pledge but it does not look good.

:butthurt:

It actually looks great.
A bit "bloomy?" with maybe a bit too much detail (as far as KS money focus goes), but looks great.
Apexeon writes a little weird, but I'm pretty sure he meant that "it doesn't look good" regarding the KS succeeding.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
However, as Kickstarter has shown so far, it's either impossible to actually fund a ridiculously deep and complex game the likes of which really should be available two decades after RoA/Darklands/insert-classic-here/etc.

Obviously it is. Too much for the kiddies who would rather see cool pictures than hear about gameplay.

J1M

Arcane
Yeah, it didn't even make RPS' Kickstarter catchup, that included games like Forced.
Forced looks way(!) better than Thorvalla. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm going to donate and hopefully they hit their goal.

Looks like the kind of game that I wanted Diablo 3 to be. Something to play with friends.

And look, they have 10x more people working on it while asking for 4% of the money.
Diablo + left 4 dead lol

It becomes clear why you guys think this KS sucks.
Oh fuck off.

People don't need your permission to enjoy FTL or any other game.

I like a variety of games and I like supporting indie developers that have potential. I also like playing games with friends sometimes. ToEE isn't exactly conducive to that.

Are your interests really so narrow that you will slurp and open your wallet for anyone that made a game 15 years ago that turns on their webcam? Or do you require 2-3 concept art sketches first?

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
However, as Kickstarter has shown so far, it's either impossible to actually fund a ridiculously deep and complex game the likes of which really should be available two decades after RoA/Darklands/insert-classic-here/etc.

Obviously it is. Too much for the kiddies who would rather see cool pictures than hear about gameplay.
I know this is the codex but goddamn there hasn't been a single post you made about this game that doesn't reek of anal devastation...

you're more than welcome to support the anime Viking card game, just don't expect everyone else to share your enthusiasm over an obviously lackluster pitch and approach to this project.

Apexeon

Arcane
Now this is some very nice art work. I would up my pledge but it does not look good.

:butthurt:

It actually looks great.
A bit "bloomy?" with maybe a bit too much detail (as far as KS money focus goes), but looks great.
Apexeon writes a little weird, but I'm pretty sure he meant that "it doesn't look good" regarding the KS succeeding.

For a 1 Million pitch they needed to prepare a lot more. The pitch video I think needs to show the game idea in action with a good tune.
But this is just my opinion.

This RTS game had a dam good intro video that pumps you up. Average Joe needs to be pumped up.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
For a 1 Million pitch they needed to prepare a lot more. The pitch video I think needs to show the game idea in action with a good tune.

This RTS game had a dam good intro video that pumps you up. Average Joe needs to be pumped up.

Now this looks like an actual game

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I know this is the codex but goddamn there hasn't been a single post you made about this game that doesn't reek of anal devastation...

you're more than welcome to support the anime Viking card game, just don't expect everyone else to share your enthusiasm over an obviously lackluster pitch and approach to this project.

Sorry, Average Boner, but I'd rather be butthurt than a graphic whore pretending to want "details".

Average Joe needs to be pumped up.

Why do we need the Average Joe funding the games we want? I thought we were legion?

~RAGING BONER~

Learned
I'm a graphics whore now because animu card games aren't my thing?

:codexisfor: Oh you! Here, have some
anusol-hc-3.jpg
on me.

Apexeon

Arcane

Now this looks like an actual game

That is why they smashed it on KS for a cool 1.7+ million.

Unwanted

Sacred_Path

Unwanted
The reasons for not backing this are among the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

"I'd back this if it had 20 character attributes!"

"I need to see a shiny sparkly trailer like Star Citizen!"

"I won't pledge because it could fail and then I'd get my money back!"

To hear such bad excuses on RPG Codex indicates that people are oversaturated by all the oldschool goodness they've already got out of KS, like I said before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom