Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The speed here is killing me

Forgotten Friend

Educated
Is this a temporary issue or is this end of rine?

There's probably a lot of optimization you could do. All the opening of separate windows could and should be removed. Ignore list could be applied on client side, and pages made static.I know it's a lot of work but so long as I don't have to do it I fully support it.

TLDR; shit sucks

Forgotten Friend

Educated
Well, I'll just assume this is intentional since it's no one else and since Trash seems to hate me so much even though he hadn't registered when I was really posting here and I'm not that schattenwhatever dickhead who claimed to be me.

And DU said he banned me too, though I've never been banned.

I was going to release first demo to my game and allow modders here to make mods with it for free, but fuck you guys I guess.

END OF RINE :hero:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What will we ever do without the demo for your game.

DakaSha

Arcane
Not joining the gay party of denial.
Site is slow as shit.

HAS improved since upgrade though

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It's hard to tell whether these are legit now. I see over 300 people online and no speed issues?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I've seen over 400 without any issues. But sure, there's still stuff I could optimize... it just got dumped at the back of a very long to-do list because it's so much better than the old phpBB that I'm kinda eh, not really a priority now... maybe once the local troll population festers our esteemed visitors rise to 600+ online simultaneously it'll bog down enough to move me to do something again. Or DU bugs me or something. Or I can't sleep due to the lamenting cries of children...

LittleJoe

Arbiter
Could you give any indication as to when the codex will be out of the state of flux?

TripJack

Hedonist
speed was fine before speed is fine now what kind of shit internet are you people using

Micmu

Magister
There's a 1-3 second wait every time you click a link/open thread (depends on the time of the day); regardless of connection on your end (rest of the Internets opens instantaneously these days). Yes it was worse before this xenoshit but it was much much better 2-3 years ago.
Still, it's Ok.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Speed has improved significantly since kodecks 1.0, at least on my end. The only niggling issue is how long it takes certain embedding boxes to load, and I guess you can just do that the old fashioned way if it bothers you too much.
I agree... thing is, the old fashioned way is no longer practical since it forces you to go to the preview window(in case you're talking about "adding images/media" stuff too)

Forgotten Friend

Educated
When I am not logged in it's fast, otherwise it's cripplingly slow. Where will I get my news of the world and post rants on how shitty david gaider is if I can't codex? You are my only hope, bros.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
If it's faster when you're logged out, just think how fast it must be when you don't view it at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom