Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress The Queen is Dead! Conquer the Queen!

Erebus

Arcane
Dammit ! Is it even possible to win this freaking game without becoming a Magical Girl ?!

Mood : :outrage:

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
It's absolutely possible, though it's been a while since I played. I think there was some sort of hippy music way to win, but try getting a navy.

Erebus

Arcane
It's absolutely possible, though it's been a while since I played. I think there was some sort of hippy music way to win

I wanted to try that. I maxed all social skills, plus the Intrigue skill that helps you guess music might be helpful.

But I didn't get that far, as I got skewered by an asshole who was apparently immune to the Power of Music. I don't even know what his problem was. Or where the fuck my bodyguards were.

Mood :
:dead:

All right, so if you don't go to the tournament, maxing social skills and Foreign Intelligence makes it possible to win the game without having become a Mahou Shoujo.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Are events in the game randomly generated? If not winning the game would come down to just raising particular skills in the right order.

Erebus

Arcane
I don't think anything is random, but the sheer quantity of C&C makes it complicated to determine how to achieve or to avoid something. Many decisions and quite a few skill checks have long-term consequences.

Last time I played, I discovered that if you max your Sense Magic insanely quickly, you can detect that your aunt is a super-evil witch. Of course, it's a good idea to have a decent score in Resist Magic if you decide to accuse her of being a super-evil witch.

Getting rid of her doesn't have huge consequences, but it does prevent her from sending you those poisoned chocolates...

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If you also manage to raise your composure quickly, so her daughter doesn't get bit by a snake, you both avoid an assassination attempt on the way to a party, and you can recruit your aunt as an extra Lumen, which in turn can be handy for spellcasting purposes.
She never tried to poison my Elodie.

Erebus

Arcane
Not failing the very first skill check in the game is rather unlikely unless you know and really do something about it.

Your initial mood doesn't make raising Composure easy.

I actually did it during the last time I played. I didn't realize it was one of the things that could prevent the bandit attack from happening.

Even if her daughter's been bitten, it's still possible to recruit your aunt as long as you have a reasonably high Sense Magic. Her help provides the easiest way to repel the invasion.

Still haven't found a single instance when Meditation is useful.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Will there be other installments? Of 'LLTQ' pleythrough, I mean.

It would be a shame if it got dropped.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm trying to get things done, but the New CK2 DLC, Agarest Generation 3 LP and incoming Season 8 Blood Bowl is eating up my attention.
Not to mention seasonal workload incoming for Xmas.
I'm trying my best to finish my stuff and still having fun, but I'm afraid this LP is on Low Priority while the other 3 is ongoing.
I wish I can clone myself.
Or do a shadow jutsu.
Or have babies and raise them as LPers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom