Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review The most overhyped KOTOR review ever

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tags: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

<a href=http://www.nlgaming.com>Next Level Gaming</a> posted this <a href=http://www.nlgaming.com/nl/asp/id_820/nl/reviewDisp.htm>commercial<a/> of <b>KOTOR</b> giving it <b>98 out of 100</b>.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>You are a PC gamer that cherished every product Bioware released, the revolutionary MDK and it’s sequel, the amazing Baldur’s Gate series that redefined CRPG’s, and Neverwinter Nights< – still going strong thanks to an amazing mod community base, great add-ons and continued developer support
<br>
<br>
Along the way you come across a rag tag group of party members, nine in all, covering the entire spectrum between the light and dark side. Fans of Baldur’s Gate remember the brave Minsc and his miniature space hamster, the stuck up Jaheira and the whining Imoen (ok she was your sister so you had to put up with it). The voice acting for these characters were top notch and the side quests and character development secured their place in gaming history. Knights of the Old Republic continues Bioware’s of creating interesting characters that are easy to grow attached to.
<br>
<br>
The choices you are presented with, <u>the moral questions asked through quests and how they are balanced as a dark or light side action are the stuff of philosophy classes into the duality of man</u>
<br>
<br>
It’s been said again and again by now that Knights of the Old Republic is a great RPG that makes exceptional use of the Star Wars license. This RPG is exceptionally deep if you take the time to sink your teeth into the experience. The adventures to be had, the replayability available from the choices to be made, and the sheer experience of playing a Jedi with your own ship and crew is mind blowing. </blockquote>
<br>
Actually, what's mind blowing is the amount of hype in this review. My infamous biasness aside, the review serves no purpose as its exaggerates everything while making numerious references to the greatness of Bioware and telling little about the actual gameplay.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Yes, KOTOR is the apex of morality!! Force choking a man who's blatantly disrespectful to me (AND ALLOWING HIM TO LIVE) will garner me the same karmic reaction as killing off a bus load of children. This is probably one of the worst aspects of the game, the heavy handed moralizing c/o Lucas/Bioware... and lets not forget korriban where if I tell Lashowe she better respect me, I'M REVAN. I get a dark side point. Why? I didn't fib did I?

triCritical

Erudite
Well its easy to prove quite objectionally that one should have no faith in this review. It states that Bioware made the revolutionary MDK, an obvious error. Therefore, an intelligent person should immediately note that nothing in this review should be taken seriously, for they have no credability.

Psilon

Erudite
Um, BioWare didn't do MDK. That was Shiny. BioWare did only the sequel.

Again we see the inverse relationship between hype and accuracy.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Vault Dweller said:
<The choices you are presented with, <u>the moral questions asked through quests and how they are balanced as a dark or light side action are the stuff of philosophy classes into the duality of man</u>
Um, yeah. There are good people and bad people. It's good to be good and it's bad to be bad. And it's good to be good when you're good but it isn't bad to be bad while you're bad - it'll only make you more bad.
But some people have killed whole cities and helped 754 starving cats, so they are neither good nor bad. They're neutral and only interested in $.
And that's almost the whole thing about morality in CRPGs.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Exitium said:
The sequel of MDK was a fun game except for the professor levels.

Yes, they did get rather annoying. All in all the MDK 2 is one of my favorite platform games out there. I especially loved the dog levels.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom