Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Master of Magic Thread

Gaznak

Learned
It's sad that Slitherine bought Seravy's soul, he's gone quite mad after that.

Personally I don't like CoM and its dubious changes, I'd prefer the fixing of broken things in original MoM.

Blake00

Learned
Then Implode returned from his self imposed exile and started working on his old Master of Magic HD Multiplayer rebuild project again which until recently had got far further than any other fan rebuild! He'd stopped due to hitting walls with creating the AI however he returned reinvigorated and create a functioning AI that is actually quite good now at expanding and trying to kill you. I need to make a new video about the project as my old one was back when Implode was AWOL and there was no global AI (just a combat one) however if you skip to the gameplay stuff you can see how it looks in HD (don't recommend you view on a phone or something else with a tiny screen lol). As well as modern resolutions and multiplayer his engine also supports big 14 Wizard slaughterfest games!

Quoting myself here as it saves me having to say all that again lol, and I just thought I'd let people know that the day many of us thought probably wouldn't come has just occurred. After something like 16 years Implode has just released the big version 1.0 of his Master of Magic IME HD Multiplayer rebuild which means pretty much all features of the great Microprose 1994 classic TBS Master of Magic game are replicated (including AI opponents)! From here onwards its just bug fixing and fine tuning/improving things! Here's his MoM-IME Sourceforge page if people want to try it.
https://sourceforge.net/p/momime/

Last edited:

index.php

Arcane

Master of Magic - Reassembled (ReMoM)​

Alpha Demo of the recreation of 'Master of Magic', from disassembling the original executables, reassembling and translating it to C.Main game screen is done - fully-functional and pixel-perfect. Also, have the menu screen ready and the foundation for the rest of the screens.Runs natively on Windows, at 640 x 400.Game-play, AI, modding, and upscaled-graphics in the works.

Here's the projects github page: https://github.com/jbalcomb/ReMoM

Blake00

Learned
Ah yup that's Jim's project! He regularly posts in great detail about his work on the MoM Discord in the mom-reverse-engineering chat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom