Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The KOTOR2 Restoration Project

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Don't know if you've all seen this yet.

Some honorable modders have started the KOTOR2: Sith Lords Restoration Project in an effort to bring back the content that got cut (like the ending) and it seems like they already got some major stuff fixed. Looks really cool since Obsidian can't make a content patch (because LucasArts says so).

We're adding back in as much of the cut content as is possible. We are dedicated to forming a coherent story out of these sound clips and occasionally-ambiguous action descriptions, so unfortunately, we cannot include every single cool thing that was cut. But, we will still have plenty of coolness, including:

* The long-lost HK Droid Factory!
* Several ways to murder Visas!
* Higher-quality music!
* A whole new group of people who want to kill you!
* Multiple endings! (no, really, actual endings)
* Various ways to be responsible for the deaths of all your party members!
An impressive list. Hope they pull through.

Saran

Scholar
Becuase they like making grown men and women cry.

Its probably because they just dont give a shit anymore, they have moved onto other projects and would more than likely prefer it if the whole fuck up was forgotten.

Higher Game

Arcane
Kill Visas!? Why?! :? (There will be spoilers in this post)
Visas is a huge part of the story, for one single, very important reason. Later in the game, she proves that Kreia is DEAD WRONG about your power to control others. I played a light sider and made Visas a little on the light side. However, on Nihilus's ship, she goes into her meditation chamber and goes BACK TO THE DARK SIDE. This proves that Kreia is wrong. You DON'T control your friends. They are truly friends, not slaves. They are helping you out of their own free will. And they can turn away from you if they wish, much as Visas turned back to the dark side (and got +10 force points or something)

What implications does this have? Maybe Kreia and the others are wrong about you being a force drainer? Maybe you aren't the destroyer you are believed to be. Maybe you're something completely different. You don't know. It's another brilliant gap in the game that most people, unfortunately, never caught on to. They just want to kill her because it's more br00tal. :roll:

Well, this just proves freedom sometimes has to be sacrificed in order to have a great story. Sometimes, open-endedness isn't a good thing...

dipdipdip

Liturgist
More spoilers, I reckon

In my experience with Visas as a light side character, Visas was 100% goody-good from the moment she joined my team and never turned back.

Never.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
HG is likely lying. visas simply doesn't turn evil when entering her chamber when you are light side. if she does this is the first I have ever heard of it, and the SG surely doesn't even hint at it. I call this fool's bluff.

Higher Game

Arcane
Cool. :) Maybe I didn't convert her early enough. I was level 17 when I became a weapon master, and I didn't talk to her much. Maybe the temptation was too strong for her, since I didn't get her light enough?

The point still stands. If you don't care about your friends, they can turn from you. You do not control them. This is crucial to the story.

Jed

Cipher
Visas' fell in love (I think) with my light side consular. Of course, who wouldn't fall in love with a man who can destroy an entire evil fleet nearly single-handedly with MAH UBAR FORCE WAYVE!!!!

Spazmo

Erudite
I think most of the female CNPCs in KOTOR2 fall in love with you one way or another. Those droids were getting unsettlingly comfortable with me as well.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
The killing Visas thing is most likely a darkside thing.

Supposedly Visas and Handmaiden falls in love with you. But only Handmaiden has the romance option (wowzers!). Don't know about Mira. She just says I'm to old for her. But Bao'Dur really has something going on for both female and male exiles.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Sounds promising enough. If they stick to the cut content and don't add all sorts of freaky shit it might even be good. Now lets just see if it will actually be finished.

Jed

Cipher
Locue said:
The killing Visas thing is most likely a darkside thing.

Supposedly Visas and Handmaiden falls in love with you. But only Handmaiden has the romance option (wowzers!). Don't know about Mira. She just says I'm to old for her. But Bao'Dur really has something going on for both female and male exiles.
I was in love with Handmaiden by mid-game, as she was the tank that saved my party's ass when they had to raid that Sith temple on Dxun. She probably killed over 3/4 of the Sith security fleet while Visas and Bao-Dur were cowering in the corner. This is before she was even a Jedi. Just Ubar Vespine Ultramesh and a Sith War Sword. Now that's one dreamy NPC!

sInfernal

Novice
Higher Game said:
They just want to kill her because it's more br00tal.
No, they wanted to kill Visas because they (or did Visas herself think this) thought that killing her would kill Nihilus because of the bond they shared.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom