Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Iron Oath Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Curious Panda Games; Humble Games; The Iron Oath

Hello mercenaries! We're thrilled to announce that The Iron Oath 1.0 is now live! It's been a year and a half since our Early Access launch, and we just wanted to say a big thank you to our awesome community for joining us on this journey. Your feedback and support has been invaluable in helping to shape the game into what it is today.
Whether you're a new or returning player, we're excited for you all to jump into the world of Caelum and experience everything that we've been working on! Here are the key features of the 1.0 update, the patch notes, and a summary of what has been added since our EA launch:

1.0 Key Features
  • Main Campaign:
    The conclusion to the main campaign brings a series of new quests with new unique mechanics. We expect the average playtime for the campaign to now be between 25-30hours.
  • Legendary Gear:
    The hunt for legendary gear begins! Maps with the locations of legendaries can be obtained in high level dungeons, so keep an eye out for Knowledge events while exploring! There are currently 10 items to collect that have their own unique bonuses, with more on the way!
  • New Quests:
    New unique quests, repeatable quests, and Legendary quests! In total, we estimate the game now has at least 40 hours of unique content.
  • New Region:
    When you're far enough into the game, the region of Dragate will unlock, allowing you to scratch the surface of its mysteries by delving into a new combat environment.
  • Steam Achievements:
    Test your prowess by unlocking over 30 new Steam achievements as you play through the game.
While the game's campaign and primary features are now complete, there are still many more stories we want to tell in the world of Caelum. We're looking forward to continuing development throughout 2024 and hopefully beyond with more major updates!

Thank you once again for all your support! Whether you're a Kickstarter backer, an Early Access adopter, or just found out about the game, we hope you enjoy your time playing The Iron Oath! Be sure to spread the word and tell your friends, and if you haven't yet, we would also really appreciate you taking a moment to leave us a Steam review. They're important for not only gathering feedback, but also for the game's visibility :)

-Curious Panda Games​

https://store.steampowered.com/app/699330/The_Iron_Oath/
https://af.gog.com/en/game/the_iron_oath?as=1649904300

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Looks promising. Is this something like Battle Brothers?

True Codexian game too:

Image1.jpg

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
Is this something like Battle Brothers?
It definitely seems inspired by it, although unlike BB it looks like they went for a high-magic setting.

I also want to put Zodiac Legion on people's radar. In fact, I used to confuse these two, although Zodiac Legion has yet to come to EA. Graphics-wise, it looks fantastic.

Barbarian

Arcane
WOKE! ESG game, with 50% stronk women warriors, trannies in armor, nigger kangz and pronouns selection. Embarrasment of State of Texas, from where Devs are [PASSED]

At least we still have Battle Brothers. I still find it hard to believe such a game came to be developed in woke gaymany of all places.

Geckabor

Savant
Was really underwhelmed by the combat system a few years ago, when there was a playable demo. Unfortunately, I think this game looks better than it actually is...but maybe it has improved since then.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
WOKE! ESG game, with 50% stronk women warriors, trannies in armor, nigger kangz and pronouns selection. Embarrasment of State of Texas, from where Devs are [PASSED]

At least we still have Battle Brothers. I still find it hard to believe such a game came to be developed in woke gaymany of all places.
A game without women in fighting roles. Yes, that's quite an uncommon realism, especially in these days. However it was uncommon even in the "old days". Unless some other indie repeats it one day, it might remain unique in this. I don't mind though games where men are the overwhelming majority of combatants but with a woman or two among them.
Like this Freya from Norsemen who even took part in the raping:

Ok, maybe a bit more serious.
And of curse high fantasy settings with women as magic-users or political themed games with a woman or two in ruling roles are ok. All the above would make sense. Women swinging heavy weapons in heavy armors and then marching 30+ km a day with those to fight a battle are nonsense. And so are pre-industrial societies that would allow it. Also extinct.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is this something like Battle Brothers?
It definitely seems inspired by it, although unlike BB it looks like they went for a high-magic setting.

I also want to put Zodiac Legion on people's radar. In fact, I used to confuse these two, although Zodiac Legion has yet to come to EA. Graphics-wise, it looks fantastic.
Thank you for the shout-out! We still have quite a few micro-issues to sort out before Early Access. :shredder:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Art looks good but reviews make me wary because keep seeing the game being repeatedly described as being simple and battle brothers lite with a sprinkling of darkest dungeon.

Last edited:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I actually quite like the artwork, my -primary- gripe with this game is "sandbox" is mentioned in several reviews. A tactics RPG with no story and plotline is not something that interests me whatsoever.

Maybe that is inaccurate and I stand corrected if so. Not saying that isn't for everyone. There are lots of 4X type games with tactical combat that don't have a 'story' other than winning the game, it just ain't for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom