Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

the History of Bethesda, Part 1

corvus

Arcane
Stopped watching when Todd reared his big derpy head.

You let us know when there's a VH1 Behind the Music style documentary where they talk about Todd Howard ODing on heroin surrounded by a bunch of midget prostitutes dressed as khajiit.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
arena's starting dungeon was too difficult for people? wtf...

Bahamut

Arcane
And they didnt mention when they kicked Chris Weaveron his sorry ass and striped him from his rights to TES,
Most things that beth post about them and their games looks like half-assed commie propaganda

corvus

Arcane
Because Bethesda was just a small, scrappy developer of 20 guys who made intriguing but shitty games with complicated interfaces and combat. And then they became an overnight legend and changed the game industry landscape forever with Oblivion, the most epic RPG ever created.

:thumbsup:

with the amount of revisionism and propaganda being created for video games I think I know what it feels like to have lived in the Soviet Union. I feel you, my potato bros.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
GUYS I'VE GOT EXCLUSIVE SCREENSHOT FROM SKYRIM! CODEX WILL NOW BE THE FIRST ONE TO GET IT PUBLIC. I'M POSTING THIS, I HOPE BETHESDA WON'T BE MAD, I HAVEN'T ASKED THEM, BUT THIS SCREENSHOT IS TOO AWESOME TO JUST KEEP FOR MYSELF

a-giant-turd.jpg

mondblut

Arcane
corvus said:
Because Bethesda was just a small, scrappy developer of 20 guys who made intriguing but shitty games with complicated interfaces and combat. And then they became an overnight legend and changed the game industry landscape forever with Morrowind, the most epic RPG ever created.

Fixed.

Everything bethsoft is today, started with Morrowind. It was a massively dumbed down retard-friendly decline from Daggerfall, AND it was multiplatform consoletard hit salivated all over by millions of xbawks subhumans. Anyone who rags at oblivion yet is a fanboy of morrowind is quite clearly a newfag.

Micmu

Magister
Not this again. Morrowing might be shit but it was pretty much PC-centric game designed specifically for PC and they never planned to make it a console game until it was finished. They ported it to xbox a year later and from what I've heard it was the most unstable and underperforming original xbox game of all time. Unfortunately, it still sold and massive decline accelerated.

corvus

Arcane
mondblut said:
Anyone who rags at oblivion yet is a fanboy of morrowind is quite clearly a newfag.

Did I not say intriguing BUT shitty games?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
micmu said:
Not this again. Morrowing might be shit but it was pretty much PC-centric game designed specifically for PC and they never planned to make it a console game until it was finished. They ported it to xbox a year later and from what I've heard it was the most unstable and underperforming original xbox game of all time. Unfortunately, it still sold and massive decline accelerated.
Morrowind for the Xbox actually came out one month after, not a year, so there was some definite simultaneous development there, though yeah it showed the signs of a PC to console port rather than multiplatform from the start.

Akasen

Augur
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I couldn't help but feel disgust as I watched this. Mostly I felt as though someone was feeding me propaganda and advertising but then again what was I expecting from this video?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom