Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game That Wasn’t There

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah but older games usually had better replay value. I can beat Super Mario 3 in like 45 minutes but it's still fun as shit to play.

Well at that point we're getting into a discussion on quality, and older games, after technology got to a sufficient level, are simply better. Seriously, what is the last great game that has been released? In the late 90s/early 2000s there seemed to be at least a couple a year, but I can't think of a new great game in any genre (except for Rance, of course).

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I'm pretty sure that there were at least several great wargames released in last 5 years.

kanenas

Educated
Awor Szurkrarz said:
I'm pretty sure that there were at least several great wargames released in last 5 years.

Orly_verbose.jpg

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Why wouldn't there be any? It's not like the classical wargame creators decided that they prefer to make RTS, MMORPGs and corridor shooters instead of classical wargames.

Matrix Game alone has published 70 wargames since 2005. I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be at least several great ones among them.
WitP:AE, WPO, CotA and BftB probably qualify as great games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom