Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Force Unleashed II is only 3hrs long.

Vaarna_Aarne said:
Hobo Elf said:
Video games aren't movies
No shit?
2hftp44.jpg

Drakron

Arcane
barker_s said:
... Seriously, the final battle with Vader is epitome of bland repetition. You jump on a platform, hit Vader a few times, he jumps onto another platform and summons some clones, rinse and repeat.

And its 2000 times better that the first boss fight were you fight a giant enemy that simply ... refuses ... to ... DIE!

At least shit happens with Vader and Spider Mech ... that one? JUST END ALREADY!

(I watched the whole thing in JewTube)

deuxhero

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Sceptic said:
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Was the original worth torrenting at all?
Played it on a friend's Wii for half an hour and was completely underwhelmed. So not reall, no.

Thought so. Time for my annual DF2/JO runthrough, then.

What's wrong with JA (well other than not playing as Kyle)?

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Didn't like the change to the combat. JO with the dismemberment code on is great, straightforward fun and lightsabers feel genuinely deadly - you can even kill the final boss with a lucky swing to the head and force speed.

JA is still good, and better in a lot of ways - I like the level design a lot more - but the saber combat with stronger enemies tends to revolve around spamming one or two powerful combo moves over and over and over and over and over, which I didn't find as fun. Still fire it up sometimes, though.

Drakron

Arcane
Well the Jedi Knight were shooters and designed as shooters, the lightsaber combat was just put in and never really worked that well.

I still like Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight the best as the Lightsaber was not god mode and lightsaber fights is two people trying to kill each other with a glowing sticks, later Jedi Knight games have the Prequels "lightsaber ballet" taint.

Simon-Says Unleashed is a action game and so plays as a action game, the only thing going for it is Euphoria Physics Engine as the rest is plain mediocre as it Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire despite now being old game is still better at being a action game that Unleashed is.

deuxhero

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Didn't like the change to the combat. JO with the dismemberment code on is great, straightforward fun and lightsabers feel genuinely deadly - you can even kill the final boss with a lucky swing to the head and force speed.

JA is still good, and better in a lot of ways - I like the level design a lot more - but the saber combat with stronger enemies tends to revolve around spamming one or two powerful combo moves over and over and over and over and over, which I didn't find as fun. Still fire it up sometimes, though.

Fair enough (JA with a mod that restores g_saberrealisticcombat though...)

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Pirated it. Just played one level and up until the mini boss fight with the drop ship in the second. I rage quit after failing with the QTE crap with it a couple of times, as wasn't paying attention and had to do that shitty rocket deflecting/dodge gunfire sequence again.

Fucking awful game.

Funny thing is it's fun for the first 5 minutes when you see that it's far smother to play than the first one and you get to blast troopers off ledges with push and neatly chop them up. The problem is that after the first 5 minutes you've seen the game and the non-stop spam of enemies makes combat banal, repetitive and emotionless. Add shitty QTE with the droids that is always the same and diabolical 'run from the thing that is blasting everything' events that are annoying as fuck with reversed controls and crappy bosses and you have a totally shitty game.

When will developers realise that just filling a game with non-stop combat does not necessarily make it fun, particularly when there are just a handful of enemy types and no strategy to defeat them?

There's no pacing in modern games and this makes tedious to play. Doom had combat galore, but it knew how to mix things up, small fights here, a puzzle there, exploration somewhere else, big set piece against hordes over there etc. Even the first COD despite being the forunner of the scripted slaughterfest had some change of pace in the form of set piece battles where you had to stop, pause and think of how to best get past a machine gun emplacement for example.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
What's the one from 1993? Looks vaguely like the first level of Doom.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's E1M6, I've already said this in the other thread. Pay attention damn it :rpgcodex:

To date, TFU is the game with the highest preparation:playtime ratio for me.

4 days to download.
30 mins to install.
15 mins to play until uninstalling.

And I say this as a person who is a sucker for any decent Star Wars ripoff game. I can't understand how anyone could stomach that bull shit.

deuxhero

Arcane
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Do any of those mods actually work? I could never get any of them to.

The one I did did. It was on Filefront, don't know the name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom