Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Fall blathering at GameSpy

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I mean, c'mon! I've seen photos of him wearing a brown paper bag on his head! There's nothing that's cooler than that man! It's the coolest!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
He's the Supreme Commander alright. The Supreme Commander of Dorks that is. And, the paper bag thing proves it; not disprove it. heh.

Spazmo

Erudite
Volourn sort of has a point--game devs make a career out of being dorks. However, Carsten is also a huge moron, so nuts to him and his crap games.

Seven

Erudite
Spazmo said:
Volourn sort of has a point--game devs make a career out of being dorks. However, Carsten is also a huge moron, so nuts to him and his crap games.

This brings up a good question: Is the Dork King automatically cool (By virtue of his mass of followers), or is he the dorkiest of the dorks?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Watch SpongeBob SquarePants, the episode where SB meets his idol the champion jellyfisher or something. He's a sea cucumber. Anyway, that guy had a huge following, and he was still a dorky lookin mofo, and a dick to boot.

Anonymous

Tim Cain is a cool dork, though, as seen from his games.

Carsten would be like the lame dorks, the ones that sit around in the lunch room playing Yu-Gi-Oh all day.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Ok. Now, that we all pretty much agree they're dorks, people are now hvaing fun discusisng who's 'cooler'? Geez... They're dorks. Neitehr are cool. That said, as far as making games, even with TOEE, I'd take Cain over Carsten any day.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Volourn said:
That said, as far as making games, even with TOEE, I'd take Cain over Carsten any day.

Watch it, you might be labelled as a drooling, Saint Timmy-worshipping fanboy, and we wouldn't want that, now would we?

Anonymous

Volourn said:
Ok. Now, that we all pretty much agree they're dorks, people are now hvaing fun discusisng who's 'cooler'? Geez... They're dorks. Neitehr are cool. That said, as far as making games, even with TOEE, I'd take Cain over Carsten any day.

Naw, there is a difference between cool dorks and lame dorks, sir.

Cool dorks would be like someone who has all these kick ass RPGs at his house and stuff, and has a good taste in games. The lame dorks are, like I said, the dudes who sit around at school all day playing Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon and whatever.

Now Carsten is trying to emulate a cool dork, but it just makes him even more of a lame dork.

Volourn said:
Uh.. Spaz, ALL game devs are dorks. And geeks. And losers. It's a fact of game dev life.

What does that make people like us, who hang around a message board waiting for the words of dorks, geeks and losers?

Megatron

Liturgist
you're forgetting that the fall looks like shit. I could understand the argument 'HEY ITS FUN IM NOT COING TO CONFORM ^-^' if the game didn't look like wank in the first place.

S4ur0n27

Liturgist
Megatron said:
you're forgetting that the fall looks like shit. I could understand the argument 'HEY ITS FUN IM NOT COING TO CONFORM ^-^' if the game didn't look like wank in the first place.

I think that's now a known fact for everyone. Or are there any assholes to say the opposite?

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
The Fall looks graphically bad to me, but i don't zing the game because of it. I still play console 8 and 16-bit games, or X-Com games for that matter, and honestly, graphics are the least important thing.

I also don't know if the images shown are the actual end result, or just work in progress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom