Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls: Castles - TES version of Fallout Shelter

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, okay.

https://www.ign.com/articles/a-new-...opped-and-it-looks-a-lot-like-fallout-shelter

A New Elder Scrolls Mobile Game Just Dropped, and It Looks a Lot Like Fallout Shelter​

Another time management sim, Elder Scrolls style.​

Pretty much out of nowhere, a new Elder Scrolls mobile game just dropped, and it’s basically Fallout Shelter, Skyrim-style.

The Elder Scrolls: Castles appeared with little fanfare on Google Play today. It’s listed as early access on the Google Play page, but it’s currently free to download and play on Android devices. Per the Google Play listing, Castles is “a new mobile game that puts you in control of your very own castle and dynasty. Oversee your subjects as the years come and go, families grow, and new rulers take the throne.”

Each day in real life spans an entire year in The Elder Scrolls: Castles, the listing says, and over the time, players train subjects, “name heirs, and maintain order to help your kingdom flourish.” The Elders Scrolls: Castles will also have quests that include “classic Elder Scrolls foes to collect valuable items and keep your kingdom growing.” You can see more in the slideshow below.

As mentioned, it all sounds very similar to Fallout Shelter, another Bethesda construction and time management sim initially released for iOS in 2015 that had players overseeing a Vault and the Dwellers in it. Fallout Shelter found enough success to be brought to Android later in 2015, then PC in 2016, Xbox One in 2017, and Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 in 2018.

While the launch itself is a surprise one, it’s not as if more work in the mobile arena hasn’t been teased by Bethesda. Last year, Bethesda’s Todd Howard teased that “we have a new mobile game that we're working on that we haven't announced yet that I am in love with.”

And while Bethesda released top-down-shooter mobile game Mighty DOOM in March, he did bring up doing a more in-depth, sitdown experience like that of Fallout Shelter: "We have found with our games, particularly Fallout Shelter, people will sit there for an hour or two,” he said at the time. “They will just sit there and play it. Large numbers of people will play it for hours a day."

And Castles might be the only new Elder Scrolls we get for awhile. In the wake of Starfield’s release, Bethesda confirmed that The Elders Scrolls 6 was in early development, but the recent Microsoft/FTC leaks revealed it won’t come until at least 2026.

Lemming42

Arcane
What the fuck? Sort of looks fun actually. I never really played Fallout Shetler because it looked fucking shit, but I put it on my phone and gave it to my toddler niece and it stopped her crying for a while so it must have been alright.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Haven't tried Shelter, might try this. I have zero interest in paying any money ever, do these games require wallet input?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom