Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Codex Stunty League Blood Bowl Thread! (Cyanide's BB)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Hi there fellow bowlers! Someone suggested that we, while we play the "serious" Blood Bowl tournament, also run a league with only squishy, hurtable, stunty teams. This thread has two purposes:

1: You sign up. You do this by making a post including your Steam handle (yes, we use steam for instant messaging, deal with it!), your Coach name (the name you use in Blood Bowl) as well as your time-zone (GMT).

2: You vote for which team-compositions should be allowed in the league. You can also suggest team comps not listed here, and I will add them to this post (people can later edit the post in which they voted if they want to vote on one of the newer suggestions). Viable teams will need a good number of votes from all the teams who participate before we let them join. Goblins and halflings are in by default.

Other suggestions:

1. Skinks + Kroxigor (no sauruses)

2. Ogres (if you vote for 2 I will automatically count it as a vote for 3 if 2 does not get enough votes but 3 does)

3. Ogres with only a limited number of big guys

4. Vampires

5. Thralls only (no vampires)

6. Only zombies

7. Only skeletons

8. No apothecaries allowed

9. Skinks only - no krox or saurus (if you vote for 1 I'll automatically count it as a vote for 9 if 1 does not get enough votes)

10. No secret weapons for goblins

11. Vampires w. maximum 2 vampires and no or very few re-rolls (if you vote for 4 I'll automaticall count it as a vote for 11 if 4 does not get enough votes)

Bring in more suggestions if you feel something should be allowed!

Let the voting/signing up begin!

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Personally, I vote for 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 11

I like skeletons and zombies as choices. They have "high" strength, access to good skills compared to the others, and regen, but seriously lack movement speed and ball-handling capability. I think they could be the "bashy" teams of the league.

9. No Apothecaries allowed :smug:

I'd say Skinks/Krox and Ogres (3 Ogres max).

That gives us 4 teams - each with something going for them.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
No apoth added, nice one :smug:

Please put the numbers you vote for in your post, that'll make my job much easier when I tally ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Considering the prestigious KKKodex currently runs Blood Bowl leagues both on FUMBBL and the vastly inferior cyanide shitstain, you might want to make it clear in the OP which client this tourney would use :P

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ulminati said:
Considering the prestigious KKKodex currently runs Blood Bowl leagues both on FUMBBL and the other, in some aspects superior, in some inferior, version by Cyanide you might want to make it clear in the OP which client this tourney would use :P

Done.

Re: The Codex Stunty League Blood Bowl Thread!

Vihakosto or Telocvovim, still can't remember which... The coach name is Paavi Kuppainen XIV

Ok. Let's see.

1. Skinks + Kroxigor (no sauruses)
-Broken OP, Skinks have MA8. Let them have no Kroxigor ;) However with this option I vote for no.

2. Ogres
No, they are still a real team, however shitty one.

3. Ogres with only a limited number of big guys
Nah, let's have only Gnoblars. Then it's like the stunties of the stunties.

4. Vampires
No, still a real team, even if they suck.

5. Thralls only (no vampires)
Bah, could as well be humans with only linemen. No.

6. Only zombies
No.

7. Only skeletons
No.

8. No apothecaries allowed
I vote for no, this would be the only league where we could realistically see Halfling superstars.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
PLEASE LIST ONLY THE STUFF THAT YOU VOTE FOR OR IT WILL BE HELL TO TALLY THE VOTES.

kthx.

Anyway, I added an option for Only Skinks (no krox). Do you seriously want me to add one for only Snotlings? Jesus you have to be suicidal to play that.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I vote 1, 3, 6, 7 and 10.

10: No Secret Weapons allowed for Goblin teams.

As much as I love SWs, they would make Goblins seriously overpowered, so I'd opt to leave them out. Pogoer will already be the new Wardancer (Warjumper?) of the league.

If there are no Apothecaries allowed, I vote: 1,3 and 10. Zombies and Skeletons have Regeneration, so apoths should be in the game too (for those -AG to Dead re-rolls).

As for 3: three Ogres max, I think. Snotlings are much weaker than other stunties, they need the additional Big Guy, but since Ogres are much more versatile Big Guys with their AG2 and no Loner, four would be too much (most Ogre starting rosters in normal leagues have four).

Will there be any restrictions in hiring Star Players? Count Luthor von Drakenborg could be a game breaker for undead teams in these cicrumstances.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I really think people hype up what's overpowered and what isn't.

If Goblins have secret weapons, Ogres have Ogres, Halfling have Treemen and chef, and Skinks a Krox, I do not see any of these teams being overpowered. They all have strengths and weaknesses. Skinks have MA8, yeah, but they only have 1 big buy and no special skills compared to the other teams. Ogres have lots of big guys, but they have much weaker standard dudes.

Skellies and Zombies might have access to better skills, but they will be crushed by lack of ball-handling.

So yeah, I think people suffer a bit from tunnel-vision in the context of which teams are OP and not.

Besides, it's a lunatic league. vote on what you consider fun instead of thinking all about tactics and what's balanced or not!

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
I vote 1 and 3.
Skinks have MV8, true, but elves have AG4 while humans AG3 and no one complains. Only one big guy and lack of any special skills or inducements (throw teammate, hot pot, cheaper bribes, secret weapons, etc.).
Snots are stunties too, only even weaker - so they need moar big guy ogres - 3 or maybe 4. Hard to say.
I'm against all-zombie teams. They are no stunties, they have st3 and general access. they are no fun (believe me - i've tried to play in a only-zombie league - booooring).
I see no problems with apothecaries.

grotsnik

Arcane
I'm totally easy re skellies/zombies, myself, Grunk, though I'm not sure it'd be that much fun to play. Part of the aim (and the accompanying kudos) of such a league should be to create the maddest, most unreliable teams possible, I suggest to ye.

I don't think we need to fuss over star players, either. The odds of any one of these teams surviving to gain enough SPP that another team can buy Luther von D. et al. are low, surely?

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I'm probably going to play as Goblins (if I find time to join the league at all... damn real life), so if Secret Weapons allowed are allowed, all the better. :D

But I still consider them overpowered in a stunty environement. Warjumper Pogoer and cheap bribes are enough leverage for the green guys.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
@Grotty: I think Skellies could be much fun to play! MA5 means they're not completely gimped, and thick skull means they'll be on there feet most of the game version the opposition. They want be overpowered because most games they will have to face 2-3 big guys at the LOS, plus potentially nasty inducements (halflings) or secret weapons. Of course, if people find them boring to have in the league, that's another thing entirely, but I'd like to play them if people vote them. If not... I'll probably end up with skinks or halflings. We'll see.

What do you vote Grotty? Desocupado?

grotsnik

Arcane
Right!

Steam: grotty
BB: doctorgrotsnik
Time: GMT

I'll take 1, 3, and 7.

How would we feel about Vampires with a limited number of vampires (say, 2)...and a limited number of re-rolls to encourage failed Bloodlust? It'd give us more team options while adding to the mayhem.

Thinking for myself maybe halflings, maybe gobbos...they're both awesome.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I have added and voted for Limited Number of Vampires with No (or very few) Re-Rolls :)

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
I would opt to leave Vampires out of this, as even Thralls alone are a complete denial of the league's spirit with their ST3 AG3 .

I'd not be against an all-vampire no-thrall team, but that's impossible.

@ Hoverdog: a whole league of zombie/skeleton teams would be boring as hell, definitely, but if an all-zombie team is only one of eight different available rosters, it might turn out to be incredibly fun.

desocupado

Magister
Well, I voted 1 on my first post, but looking again at the options, I think:

1, 3, and 11 are in order.

I guess 6 and 7 too, even if they seem a bit boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom