Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The benefits of charisma?

Joff1981

Educated
Project: Eternity
In most games where charisma is a statistic it seems to me to be the worst place to put points to get a noticeable gain in the game. In AoD it seems that all stats except intelligence and charisma will have a noticeable effect on how good you are in combat which is in line with how it tends to work in other games. In other games however charisma normally gets the short end of the stick as intelligence gets the sizeable benefit of adding to the skill points you get at levelup as well as more options for use in dialog. Charisma on the other hand is normally limited to how many followers you can have (not applicable to AoD), reaction bonuses and maybe the odd dialog choice if it isn't handled by a speech skill of some kind.

My question to Vault Dweller is how have you made charisma a viable place to put my stat points, considering I can have no followers and you have not one but three speech skills for dialog checks as well as intelligence? Since I don't think it has been discussed maybe you could explain how charisma works with regard to reaction as well as giving a rough gauge of how often your raw charisma is checked in dialog.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Charisma affects all con-related activities (link, third post from the bottom), all disguise activities, and all persuasion that's not based on your intelligence, i.e. "I can fix this nuclear reactor in a jiffy. All you have to is ... ***nerd alert!***" vs "Do you really think I would try to fuck with a nuclear reactor if I didn't know everything there is to know about nucular stuff?"

You also get a nifty perk if your Charisma is 10.

Fryjar

Augur
I'm really curious how exactly the other 10 point perks translate into dialogue options (or gameplay in general).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom