Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Information Telepath Tactics Now on Kickstarter

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
It doesn't look bad but for those who are interested by this kind of game :
http://www.wesnoth.org/
The above is free and awesome (it's the only free game i would have been ready to buy full AAA price)

Wesnoth is fun, but my biggest problem with the game is with how random combat results are. This game claims to take the opposite approach.

Yup! If you don't like high degree of randomization in Wesnoth, you'll be very happy with the approach taken by Telepath Tactics. It's not completely devoid of randomization, but it's used sparingly.

circ

Arcane
Hmmh. FF Tactics clone with dodgy graphics and not even true isomatrixz.

Well. Shining Force maybe more like. That color palette is giving me the creeps.

TeknoBM

Dark Souls Fan
Also, spending 12k on sound designer and just 4k per composer and artist is wasteful
so it's easier to buy a pack of them in the unity store or whatever
music is also hardly important
However, as you can't really turn off the graphics, that's where those twelve grands should've been headed.
zero understanding as how a good RPG works

:1/5:

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
*shrug* Things cost what they cost. I'm not going to release an RPG with half-assed sound effects and a lousy soundtrack just because those things would cost less money in an ideal world.

Anyway! I've got a bunch of news to announce:
  1. Telepath Tactics is now on Steam Greenlight--if you'd like this game to be available on Steam, please go ahead and vote Yes!
  2. Telepath Tactics now has a short public demo so you can give it a try for yourself.
  3. I've created a video giving an introduction to modding in Telepath Tactics, specifically covering how to create your own campaigns. (Of note: if you hate the graphics for some reason, the game lets you mod in new ones.) Check out the post here.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
skuphundaku Worthy of the Codex collection?
Seeing that there is Codexian interest in this, I just added it.

Edit:

Just checked the new RPG additions and I noticed:
1) Antharion ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102546781 ), and I know a lot of Codexers like it
2) Primordia ( http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=108108057 ), the adventure game about which we recently had and interview and I also recall being well received around here

What do you guys think about these? Should I add them? I'm inclined to do it, but I'll do it only if some of you guys agree with me (or, at least, don't massively disagree).

Craig Stern

Sinister Design
Developer
Quick update on the game: explosion chains are now supported, as is support for modding in character suicide attacks. Check it out!

Next on the agenda: setting rally points to auto-move your characters toward particular destinations. (Handy for speeding up turns where the enemy is not nearby and you're just moving your characters into position.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom