Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Taleworlds (Mount&Blade) Video Interview Why We Sold Out

sheek

Arbiter
Better news is that The Last Days (scroll down for preview) is getting close to release. Check out the wargs. Not so sure about the Rhun warriors though.

Unwanted

AndhairaXI

Unwanted
Taleworlds sold out What do you mean? I think Mout and Blade is still available as shareware, with full version coming for a price.

sheek

Arbiter
As shareware? No, and it has never been shareware unless you have a different understanding of shareware than me. Paradox Interactive have a deal, which is why the final version has been released, because if a company is going to give you moneys they're going to want some guarantee of the moneys coming back with interest by a certain date. Noticing how much money they made from selling a half finished game, Taleworlds went the logical next step and decided to make an MMO/counter-strike in the Middle Ages. Another excuse not to fix the most glaring problem (now that the pretense of RPG has been thrown out), which is the enemy combatant AI.

edit:
OK I see what you mean about shareware, I thought they had ended that. It is now, but before release we were paying beta-testers.

MaskedMartyr

Liturgist
terrible job sheek, you dont even explaining it why dont you just sit a dick

When the game first came out it was completely freeware with the option of donation, because it was literally just a medieval combat simulator. All that existed were some grasslands and horses, weapons and shields, the basic shit. It's shareware now for a reason.

and people have been wanting multiplayer for so long man, shit goes way back

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Sheek is living in a fantasy world where M&B was supposed to be something else than what it actually is. Since he's unable to reconcile with the real world, he redirects this existential unease into feeling betrayed by the developers.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Last Days is fun, I always enjoyed being a hawt nubile female elf. One of these days, a Tolkien Elfin-Laid fan-fiction. Currently enjoying being one in Baldur's Gate, but I don't do this on MMORPGs, only maniacs enjoy masquerading as females online. :wink:

MisterStone

Arcane
THe LAst Days screenies make me wanna fap. I never thought I'd see warg riders look so good. Er, excuse me, I gotta go now... *fap fap fap*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom