Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline SYNTHETIK 2 - Electric boogaloo

Ash

Arcane
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND they fucked up. Game misses everything that made the original great.

Weapon upgrade kits? Gone. Replaced with shitty "perks".
Items? Gone. You get 2 starter items now and everything is fucking passive/synergy.
Inventory? Fucking gone. You can only change weapons, but there's no more item strategy. You keep what you get, but it's okay since nothing has a downside anymore.
Special ammo? As far as I can tell, gone.
Soundtrack? Replaced with generic techno and guns sound (and feel) like plastic toys
Crazy gun variants? Gone.
Adrenaline filled combat? Replaced with sparse mobs with terrible placement.
Did you enjoy getting stunlocked occasionally? Now there's even MOAR stunlock
Engineer class? FUCKING. GONE.
Beautiful and unique 2.5D with 200+ FPS? Replaced with generic dogshit-looking 3D that RUNS LIKE SHIT.
Movement slowed to a crawl, guns have much shorter ranges, engagement distances are short and reload takes forever. RIP sniping?
Simple yet functional level design replaced with convoluted 3d crap. At first I thought "nice, verticality" but, HAHAHAHAH, NOPE. You can't shoot enemies above/bellow and I almost ragequit after not finding a shitty teleporter to continue.
Convoluted upgrade trees, terrible UI, chests and shops are hard to make out among the visual clutter
ANIME GURLLLL SHOP => I'm not even joking

I'm sorry, I wanted this game to be good, but it simply isn't and it won't be. The design philosophy behind this "sequel" seems to have been inspired by Diablo 3: remove features, make everything passive, add pointless fluff and butcher the original's "soul" completely.

:despair:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
https://www.synthetik2.com/game-updates/electrify-mega-update

NEW​

Huge Item Overhaul​

We added 20 new items and did a massive overhaul of the entire item pool. Items have a strong identity as part of a gameplay sandbox and matter more than ever.

NEW​

Supply Hack Databases​

We brought back supply hack databases with all items, weapons, shop perks and all attachments! Collect them all and check out their details! Weapons got new stat tracking as well! Supply Hack Tokens also were added in their first iteration.

NEW​

Ragdolls & Decapitation​

Destroying machines is more fun than ever. Enemies can be knocked around on kills, their heads detach on headshot or you can even blast the legs off!

NEW​

Map reworks​

Around 10 maps have gotten a redesign or are new, with many others getting improved spawn points for better paced action.

NEW​

Center HUD​

With the change to items and some cleanup, we can now bring back the classic HUD layout with a more focussed view on health and ammunition. A ton of quality of life improvements have been added all across the UI.

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I really liked the first game. Really glad to see 2 is making good progress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom