Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SW KotOR Review

Voss

Erudite
I think the graphics are a legacy of the NWN engine...particularly compared to the shiny new eye-candy most titles on the X-box feature. Older graphics engines (especially 3D ones) just don't stack up well- especially since a lot of X-box titles seem to be all about the graphics.

On the plus side, this seems to be the most rational and relatively balanced review yet.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Yeha, overall it is good. I have to wait to see; but from what I seen the graphics are pretty good. I liked the IGN review as well. The other reviews were pretty much pathetic; or at best "okay".

bossjimbob

Liturgist
I played the game for a few minutes earlier today (already picked up my copy). When the action heats up, the framerate chugs a little, but to tell you the truth, it's a forgivable offense at least in my eyes.

The graphics don't matter as much provided the gameplay outshines all other aspects. I haven't spent much time with it so far, but it looks promising. A friend of mine who is by far a much better judge of RPGs than I was pretty taken back by it. Morrowind is his fave Xbox RPG (out of the few that exist) but he seemed to really take to this game in a short amount of time.

bossjimbob

Liturgist
I just spent about 3 hours with the game. Being that I'm not familiar with Neverwinter Nights, it was all pretty new to me, but luckily the game gradually eased me into the play mechanics (for those who need it...help can be turned off for those already familiar). For a non-hardcore RPG initiate, I was mightily impressed both with the fit and finish, as well as the immersive overall feel of the game. Sure, I'm used to shooters and arcade games, but a few hours spent with this title made me want to learn more about the whole RPG genre and find out what I've been largely missing out on. For what it's worth, I got hooked rather quickly and will have a tough time prying myself away. Thank God I'm going on vacation next week or my marriage would be doomed!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom