Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Survival, Base building games (NOT FPS)

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Survivalist:

Screenshot18.jpg

Screenshot25.jpg

http://survivalistgame.blogspot.sg
Dynamic AI (steal crops from others, they run out of food and buy food from you).
Fun shooting.
Humans are the main threat, not zombies.
Diabetes.
Each character has various traits, ie cowardly people will surrender or flee easily. You can recruit people who surrender.
Poor instructions, you might have difficulties at the start.
You can choose where to build your base.

View is a bit small, wielding sniper rifle extends the view.
Repetitive music.
Strategic portion is slow and requires some micromanagement. 90% of the time is spend exploring, shooting and looting.
You can build a fortress with multi-layered fences, concrete watchtowers, pillboxes guarded by snipers just in case you get attacked by humans, zombies are low-threat, they can't even open fences.

I give 10/10 best game ever but some people hate it. I played it twice back to back.

Infectonator : Survivors
ss_ab03b0f13f51de2f25fb7454e1e32a39dc64d90c.1920x1080.jpg

ss_fdbf8c5b9b3ca7a4192a9699000e38140f0dffac.1920x1080.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/269310/
In EA, needs more content.

Last edited:

Mustawd

I heard Project Zomboid seems to be pretty good. But I think it's in EA right now.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
I heard Project Zomboid seems to be pretty good. But I think it's in EA right now.

Wouldn't count on that one coming out of EA soon. It's been in development since 2011 with a lot of missed ETAs and dodgy happenings surrounding it, like their laptops being stolen resulting in a loss of source code :lol:. The game itself is allright from what I've heard though.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013

Not really worth it until they get NPCs back in, which with current estimates seems to be expected at "never". Otherwise it's too easy to set yourself up for survival and then you sit around twiddling your thumbs with nothing much to do.

Taliensin

Educated
nobody mentioned cataclysm dark days ahead yet? its a post-apocalyptic rpg where you run away from zombies/assorted monsters, can build vehicles/compounds, craft your own crap ect ect, several new experimental builds come up daily and...well its tons of fun and i cannot for the life of me understand why its not more popular (plus extra points for the project lead writing the occasional drunken rant about the invisibility of privilege in their forum).
Oh,its also free though i hear there has been some kind of drama regarding a kickstarter in the past or something like that.

Yeah, DDA is good fun. Gonna check Zomboid / Sheltered / Survivalist and report back if any of them are worth playing. Zombie Exodus hit that sweet spot between character development, C&C and scavenging/surviving/fortifying, but the latter was just not as elaborate and interesting as it could be. Something like Academagia or Kodp would be great (bunch of various mechanics, solid writing and decent UI to go with it).

Taliensin

Educated
Another good one but without zombies is unreal world, a survival game set in iron age finland (or a camping next to a lake forever simulator, take your pick) ,its not hard to get into and its very enjoyable after you add a couple of crafting mods for more stuff. Free with a steam version for those living in places without capital controls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom