Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestions to break my Adventure Cherry

Blackthorne

Infamous Quests
Patron
Developer
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Did you pussy out? What are you playing Chaotic_Heretic?

QFG IS GLORIOUS!!!! IS THERE ANY OTHER GAME LIKE THAT OUT THERE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Playing Gothic 2 now, also started grey Matter. But really? I am like a junkie out on the lookout for something QFG like.

EDIT: time to update my sig i suppose. I should count myself lucky I suppose. If only I could get insomnia and play QFG again and again and again....

Hey there - my group, Infamous Quests, is making a game called Quest For Infamy. It's not complete yet, but you can play our fully interactive demo - it's got a full soundtrack, voices, etc. Get it for free over at www.QuestForInfamy.com and then when the final game comes out, you could try that too. I'm usually around these forums too, so you can always get a hold of me about it.

Bt

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Another great Adventure/RPG hybrid is Veil Of Darkness, I don't think it has been mentioned yet.

This. I really liked this.
Jaesun Approved?
Must be good. Playing it next weekend If i can get away from RL crap.

Do NOT use a walkthrough. Pay attention, ask about anything (this was the best feature of the game) and take notes. Also know there is an option that is can record all conversations to a text file (and use that). It is NOT the best Adventure Game EVAR MADE!!!!11111!!!™ It was an enjoyable and good experience. Have fun.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
yeah, veil of darkness is pretty awesome. you just need to forsake your own sense of logic and instead immerse yourself in the gameworld.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
QFG IS GLORIOUS!!!! IS THERE ANY OTHER GAME LIKE THAT OUT THERE???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
there was some indie detective adventure like qfg minus combat (as far as i recall). skills increased with usage and determined the clues you got from certain situations as well as other stuff. it was pretty neat, actually, but i totally forgot what it was called...

if you get smashed while playing vod, you'll just end up dead without even knowing why you died.

there was some indie detective adventure like qfg minus combat (as far as i recall). skills increased with usage and determined the clues you got from certain situations as well as other stuff. it was pretty neat, actually, but i totally forgot what it was called...

if you get smashed while playing vod, you'll just end up dead without even knowing why you died.
butbutbut qfg was awesome when smashed... well qfg4 not that much, and qfg5 downright nauseating combat.

Snagged Beneath a Steel Sky off of GoG based on this thread; good stuff. I liked that it wasn't overly long. Unfortunately I did get stuck in a few areas where I needed an item or interactable and couldn't find one. Still enjoyable, however. If anyone requires game help, I recommend uhs-hints instead of a full on walkthrough; it typically does a good job giving hints (from general to more specific the further you dig down) so you can get a little clue without totally spoiling something. Found it helpful as an adventure nub.

Snagged Beneath a Steel Sky off of GoG based on this thread; good stuff. I liked that it wasn't overly long. Unfortunately I did get stuck in a few areas where I needed an item or interactable and couldn't find one. Still enjoyable, however. If anyone requires game help, I recommend uhs-hints instead of a full on walkthrough; it typically does a good job giving hints (from general to more specific the further you dig down) so you can get a little clue without totally spoiling something. Found it helpful as an adventure nub.

being an adventure noobfag myself, :thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom