Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Suggestions for a bloodlines build

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I liked Toreador's Celerity because it gives a perfect power balance for early game melee and late game gunplay. And sneaking with celerity on was satisfying. I snapped 2 necks in quick succession and sucked the last one dry. Comboing a bunch of punks in slow mo also felt satisying.

Texas Red

Whiner
"Yeah, but he's untrained and not aware of the ancient curse he's a product of. Smile Give another example."

He may be a noob vamp but he somehow managed to attain the final level of the Gangrel power and has the capacity to throw around cars. Anyway, I can't remember what else happened several years ago when I played but I'm pretty sure I quit because nothing was challenging with stunning, even bosses.

Rhett Butler

Scholar
barker_s said:
Seduction is only useful if you're playing 'higher' clans and you get sick from drinking off bums and rats. It lets you seduce girls and feed publicly in clubs. I can't remember if it was helpful in any quest though.

There is a quest to influence a restaurant reviewer into giving a bad review, you can do it with seduction. In fact I don't know another way.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Dark Individual said:
"Yeah, but he's untrained and not aware of the ancient curse he's a product of. Smile Give another example."

He may be a noob vamp but he somehow managed to attain the final level of the Gangrel power and has the capacity to throw around cars. Anyway, I can't remember what else happened several years ago when I played but I'm pretty sure I quit because nothing was challenging with stunning, even bosses.

Yeah well, his rapid development was propelled by his thirst for revenge. So you've played the clean 1.2?

Rhett Butler said:
barker_s said:
Seduction is only useful if you're playing 'higher' clans and you get sick from drinking off bums and rats. It lets you seduce girls and feed publicly in clubs. I can't remember if it was helpful in any quest though.

There is a quest to influence a restaurant reviewer into giving a bad review, you can do it with seduction. In fact I don't know another way.

You can also constantly seduce that fat cop (first to make a quest, and later on just for the lulz). You can seduce the chemist to be left alone with him (and earlier seduce your way in to his house). You can learn from Jeanette that making love is still possible even after death... :cry: etceteraetcetera

EDIT: I think the only other option is to use Nosferatu charms - the guy pukes and gets the fuck out. Drunk... Shutting down...

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ofcourse you can.
just tell her you won't do it.

ushdugery

Scholar
I think malk on the first playthrough you get invis so you can just walk past all the particularly shit combat heavy bits (not bashing the combat just the abundance of it.) and the dialogue is awesome giving you an interesting insight into the game.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
ushdugery said:
I think malk on the first playthrough you get invis so you can just walk past all the particularly shit combat heavy bits (not bashing the combat just the abundance of it.) and the dialogue is awesome giving you an interesting insight into the game.

Not exactly - PC's insight doesn't translate into player's insight. Lots of Malk's lines refer to events that will happen later or to the "true nature" of many NPCs. You have to complete the game at least once to fully appreciate it.

Nosferatu also has Obfuscate ("invisibility"). The "must hide his face" is not a big con - you can get through sewers everywhere and all missions are best done the stealthy way...

Texas Red

Whiner
I remembered one other factor in making the game ridiculously easy with Dominate 1 level ability. If you're surrounded by a group of humans you just stun one of them drain him dry without resistance. Even if others manage to disrupt your feeding, you would already have sucked enough blood to be sufficiently healed. It really made combat against human pointless. As a Toreador it's harder and considerably more enjoyable.

Have you guys ever used the uzi weapon, btw? It's seems pretty pointless.

Can also anyone hook me up with music tracks from Bloodlines?

Ya know, this is a bit off topic but...

I just finished VtM: Bloodlines for the first time last night (thanks to the suggestions by the fine people here at RPG Codex) and it's fucking great.

I was a Tremere, which kind of made the bosses easy, but damn. The voice acting was SUPERB. Hearing this and then hearing *other* games' voice acting (read: Bethesda) makes me want to kill kittens. But yeah, going through PS:T again and then I think I'm going low humanity malk for a second playthrough. Thank you Codex!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom