Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin - dark fantasy reimagining of FF1 from Team Ninja

Redid the mission with Bikke pirate fight. Average item level 396, kept the mission level at default 205. Still died a bunch of times to him because he can still take out half my health in one hit, what the fuck.. And with his minions that fight becomes a hard to read clusterfuck to me. But at least I was finally doing decent damage to him so I powered through. Still unsure for how long I will have patience if all boss fights are like this from now on. Even with item levels being almost 200 higher than mission.. But I will keep at it for now. Maybe I will find a way to make myself much stronger. Just figured out that I can buy the limit breakers from the dragon so I unlocked my Breaker. Those master point bonuses are underwhelming though.

Suicidal

Arcane
More way to get stronger will unlock with the 2nd and 3rd DLCs.

When I made a build for my character using those tools I went from getting killed in a few hits against the DLC 3 bosses to being able to tank 10-15 hits and also healing myself to full HP with a few attacks of my own using the Paladin skill. I'm sure you can make equally broken shit with other classes.

I mostly use Breaker as main and Sage as secondary now. Even though I don't like how spell casting/switching works, Sage seems too useful to pass up anyway. For things like casting tornadoes on these annoying fucking bats or just exploiting elemental weaknesses on some bosses/stronger enemies. For some of the more annoying bosses I also used Hunter. Good for charging up that mana pool while my party is distracting them. Even without party, Hunter was the only way I could get through first phase of that Darkness Manifest fight. It was much easier to soul shield his attacks when I'm at the distance and then just shoot him while applying Blood Weapon, Barrage, Analyze and Flee over and over. Then in second phase I had to go Knight for that shield auto attack skill and just hold block until he killed himself.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Redid the mission with Bikke pirate fight. Average item level 396, kept the mission level at default 205. Still died a bunch of times to him because he can still take out half my health in one hit, what the fuck.. And with his minions that fight becomes a hard to read clusterfuck to me. But at least I was finally doing decent damage to him so I powered through. Still unsure for how long I will have patience if all boss fights are like this from now on. Even with item levels being almost 200 higher than mission.. But I will keep at it for now. Maybe I will find a way to make myself much stronger. Just figured out that I can buy the limit breakers from the dragon so I unlocked my Breaker. Those master point bonuses are underwhelming though.
I noticed the same thing too. While item level is important, it's not weighted too heavily into your damage calculations. Your raw stats are your main bread and butter when it comes to power. Stack Spirit & Stamina and you'll notice a significant increase in your mitigation. Or whatever offensive stat you are mainly using for your attacks/abilities/spells.

I noticed the same thing too. While item level is important, it's not weighted too heavily into your damage calculations. Your raw stats are your main bread and butter when it comes to power. Stack Spirit & Stamina and you'll notice a significant increase in your mitigation. Or whatever offensive stat you are mainly using for your attacks/abilities/spells.

Yeah good point I wasn't really focusing on stats yet. I will try to put all master points into Spirit and Stamina bonuses.

Meh, looks like Bahamut fight is going to be another irritating one. Fucker flying around all over arena and killing me in couple hits. I'm definitely liking boss fights here less than in Nioh 2. Maybe I'm just a lot worse at SoP than Nioh 2 but this does feel like a much harder game to me, and not in a fun challenge sort of way. Nioh 2 is just the right kind of challenge to me, keeps me on my toes without being obnoxious. Here I feel like there's too much emphasis on parrying with soul shield while break gauge depletes too fast for my liking. I end up staring at Jack being stuck in broken posture animation a lot and it's annoying.

I will be taking a break for today I guess, maybe when I return I will try some other job against this fucker.

Finally beat the the dragon after switching to Swordfighter. I didn't realize before that its auto counter attack ability also hits when soul shielding, and doesn't even get deactivated when it does. For some reason I thought it's just one counter attack before I have to re-apply. This makes this job way better than it seemed at first. Also took the class that decreases soul shield break gauge consumption while it's active. I was going with axe wielding Breaker because I wanted high damage but Swordfighter with one handed sword and shield set up doesn't seem to do less damage. At least not when it comes to combo abilities. This shit is still a mystery to me. Is it because Swordfighter is at level 80 while Breaker is still locked at 55? Do job levels by themselves make you stronger, it's not just where you put the points? I just ran through 3 main missions after the dragon fight and they all have been easy mode now, even the bosses. Just destroyed Tiamat with complete ease.

Last edited:
Job levels matter a lot since they increase your base stats and HP.
Ok. For some reason I thought that only the point investment makes a difference. What is the actual maximum level of a job in this game? I thought it was 99 but I see one of the jobs already got unlocked up to 120 limit. Missions remain very easy so far, after switching to Swordfighter, and it's getting boring to grind for this dragon treasure and limit breakers. I hope this phase is over soon and I get to start the fun shit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Job levels matter a lot since they increase your base stats and HP.
Ok. For some reason I thought that only the point investment makes a difference. What is the actual maximum level of a job in this game? I thought it was 99 but I see one of the jobs already got unlocked up to 120 limit. Missions remain very easy so far, after switching to Swordfighter, and it's getting boring to grind for this dragon treasure and limit breakers. I hope this phase is over soon and I get to start the fun shit.
300 iirc, but you only get that high in the tower section where you unlock more limit breakers. Before that it's 120 or 150, can't remember exactly.

300 iirc, but you only get that high in the tower section where you unlock more limit breakers. Before that it's 120 or 150, can't remember exactly.

Do I actually have to get all the limit breakers from main missions or will the game give more of those than I would need anyway in the tower? Just asking in case I unlock enough conversations before going through all the missions, no idea how many of these chats are left. I increase mission levels couple notches above default to get that additional breaker bonus but I don't want to raise them higher as I like being able to speed through that shit.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

Do I actually have to get all the limit breakers from main missions or will the game give more of those than I would need anyway in the tower? Just asking in case I unlock enough conversations before going through all the missions, no idea how many of these chats are left. I increase mission levels couple notches above default to get that additional breaker bonus but I don't want to raise them higher as I like being able to speed through that shit.
I think those you do have to get. Just keep in mind that if you do a mission at level 400 you get all the mission rewards from previous levels as well.

Yeah I gathered that much already. Though I doubt I'm anywhere close to being able to beat bosses on level 400 mission. Grinding some regular mobs for higher level items in side mission for a bit is one thing but for main missions I will have to power up a lot more. I am not very good at this game, need to break it. I'm definitely not redoing all of these fucking missions at highest level though, only to get all limit breakers on my favorite jobs.

So, did all the main missions on Bahamut and still didn't unlock enough conversations to progress.. I'm getting bored of this grindy shit. If I don't unlock something fun with next couple side missions I might drop this game. I tried doing one of those red diamond side mission on lv. 400 to grab lots of dragon treasure at once but it proved impossible to me, just ended up being annoyed.

So, exactly couple side missions further I was done with this dragon conversation crap. Game came close to being uninstalled, but these rifts do seem interesting enough to continue now. That second phase of Warrior of Light fight was utter bullshit. I ended up cheesing it with Knight, don't know how else I could've done it.

Suicidal

Arcane
So, exactly couple side missions further I was done with this dragon conversation crap. Game came close to being uninstalled, but these rifts do seem interesting enough to continue now. That second phase of Warrior of Light fight was utter bullshit. I ended up cheesing it with Knight, don't know how else I could've done it.
There is an interesting way to counter him in his 2nd phase. His spell that you can steal with soul shield (the light wave) dispels all buffs on the target so you can use it to dispel his stagger immunity he uses on himself in the 2nd phase and do a lot of free damage until he recasts it.

There is an interesting way to counter him in his 2nd phase. His spell that you can steal with soul shield (the light wave) dispels all buffs on the target so you can use it to dispel his stagger immunity he uses on himself in the 2nd phase and do a lot of free damage until he recasts it.

I think I've read as much in the tip game gave me, but I didn't find stealing that spell to be very reliable. Sometimes I soul shield it, other times it just goes past me without even touching me. I didn't have patience for it and I remembered the Knight cheese I did on Darkness Manifest second phase so decided to try it. It turned out to be absolute easy mode. I'll have to fully level up Knight just to have it as an option to skip any future fights that annoy me. :lol:

Up to floor 12 in rifts and I feel bored with this. First thing that annoyed me was the fact that if I run out of dimension points and have to restart the floor, which happened in floor 11, I not only have to resummon the monsters but their fucking dialogues start from the beginning. Which means I have to stand there mashing the button to skip their endless lines 100 times. Then I got up to floor 12 and couldn't beat the boss, not even with Knight. So I decided to go back to the hall to try changing my master point bonuses. Except it turns out that made me lose all dimension points. Even though if I exit game when in the rift, I get thrown back into the hall without losing them, fucking retarded. So then ok, I will do one of the non boss rifts to earn some currency to buy potions and shit and maybe get higher level items, as floor 12 drops slightly higher ones than I currently have. But the enemies there are suddenly way tankier than in previous floor and I end up dying. Must be because my item levels haven't been upgraded I guess. But this grindy shit is making me lose interest so I closed the game and thinking I will switch to Wo Long for now and then see if I want to return later.

Last edited:

Spike

Educated
Up to floor 12 in rifts and I feel bored with this. First thing that annoyed me was the fact that if I run out of dimension points and have to restart the floor, which happened in floor 11, I not only have to resummon the monsters but their fucking dialogues start from the beginning. Which means I have to stand there mashing the button to skip their endless lines 100 times. Then I got up to floor 12 and couldn't beat the boss, not even with Knight. So I decided to go back to the hall to try changing my master point bonuses. Except it turns out that made me lose all dimension points. Even though if I exit game when in the rift, I get thrown back into the hall without losing them, fucking retarded. So then ok, I will do one of the non boss rifts to earn some currency to buy potions and shit and maybe get higher level items, as floor 12 drops slightly higher ones than I currently have. But the enemies there are suddenly way tankier than in previous floor and I end up dying. Must be because my item levels haven't been upgraded I guess. But this grindy shit is making me lose interest so I closed the game and thinking I will switch to Wo Long for now and then see if I want to return later.
Yes, I understand. Try getting to Floor 21 and the last boss, with tons of monster-guys unlocked, having gone through their dialogues, only to ragequit a bossfight after you die, only to load in and see the entire thing was reset to Floor 1. I grinded through again and had fun once I got over myself but it's cancer.

Yes, I understand. Try getting to Floor 21 and the last boss, with tons of monster-guys unlocked, having gone through their dialogues, only to ragequit a bossfight after you die, only to load in and see the entire thing was reset to Floor 1. I grinded through again and had fun once I got over myself but it's cancer.

What the fuck. Entire thing can reset to floor 1 too? That's nuts.

Spike

Educated

What the fuck. Entire thing can reset to floor 1 too? That's nuts.
Just don't quit the game in the middle of a fight, otherwise you are in control of that. I don't think it can reset you backwards, but I never lost too many rift points or whatever.

Spike

Educated
I am back to DLC 3, on the first boss. What am I doing wrong?! I can take on the enemies leading up to him no problem, but he is INSANE. This is actually obnoxious. I do not know how to get past his stupid magic barrier. Do I just need to grind more? I really, really hate this. I'm sick of it. Can't wait to be done. So retarded. Hurr durr, just grind bro. So stupid. I want to be done for Dragon's Dogmer 2. /rant but if I really do need to grind to not be 2-shot by...like all of his attacks, that is the highest order of :decline:

Spike

Educated
I am back to DLC 3, on the first boss. What am I doing wrong?! I can take on the enemies leading up to him no problem, but he is INSANE. This is actually obnoxious. I do not know how to get past his stupid magic barrier. Do I just need to grind more? I really, really hate this. I'm sick of it. Can't wait to be done. So retarded. Hurr durr, just grind bro. So stupid. I want to be done for Dragon's Dogmer 2. /rant but if I really do need to grind to not be 2-shot by...like all of his attacks, that is the highest order of :decline:
I found out you apparently need to GRIND to floor 101+ in order to start unlocking the job max to 300. Insane and ridiculous. I grinded to 32 right now. Probably going to go in spurts of 10 floors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom