Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Steam Next Fest, June 2023: Demos of upcoming RPGs available from June 19th to 26th

Smerlus

Educated
That Broken Roads demo was very underwhelming. I'll keep it on my wishlist in hopes it gets better.

Mortmal

Arcane
That Broken Roads demo was very underwhelming. I'll keep it on my wishlist in hopes it gets better.
Quite uninspiring so far indeed. You speak with four characters you don't give a damn about, nor their paragraphs of text. It starts with no action, and the presentation is just average, reminding us more of a cheerful mobile game rather than post-apocalyptic content. I mean, there's no reason to have excessive violence and gore, but damn, it looks overly clean and happy. You could almost expect a unicorn to cross the screen at any moment. I won't even bother looking at the other games; they seem to be complete garbage, like 99% of the usual shit on Steam.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
All of these are kinda meh really.

Been playing the tabletop Judge Dredd game lately.
I wish somebody made a Judge Dredd Crpg. Make your own Judge, live the lunacy that is Mega City One, more comic based than the movies. Psi division, H wagons, undead, nuclear wars, Judge Death shenanigans.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
The only games I found interesting enough to wishlist were Naheulbeuk's Dungeon Master, Echoes of the Living, A-Spec First Assault, and Stellar Wanderer DX. All of these games are blatant spiritual successors to preexisting games from 90s or early 2000s.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Quite uninspiring so far indeed. You speak with four characters you don't give a damn about, nor their paragraphs of text. It starts with no action, and the presentation is just average, reminding us more of a cheerful mobile game rather than post-apocalyptic content. I mean, there's no reason to have excessive violence and gore, but damn, it looks overly clean and happy. You could almost expect a unicorn to cross the screen at any moment. I won't even bother looking at the other games; they seem to be complete garbage, like 99% of the usual shit on Steam.

ok i have to try the demo and have a laugh

downloading

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Back to the dawn…. (Puzzle rpg) Eh maybe.

Broken Roads…. (Moral compass/narrative) maybe

Demiurges…. Maybe card-based build town + HOMM tb combat with spellbook. Always a fan of HOMM.

Cyber Knights: Flashpoint Maybe. Cyberpunk/stealth.

Odyssey of Dremid'ir…. Maybe hand drawn, jrpg ish combat, adventure-like which I don’t mind since a fan of Kyrandia.

Space Prison…. Uh I dunno. Darkest dungeon gfx, stuff….

Strain…. Maybe. FPP, scavenge, survival. I thought it wanted to be a big of cyberpunk+VTM+plague theme so…. Maybe.

Quasimorph… maybe. Roguelike SP space stations, etc

Tenebris: Terra Incognita …. Eh, looks like a gacha mobile game.

Very Likely:
Dungeon Dungeon! Eh, low on the likely but it looks like it could occupy some time in short spurts.. town, looks anime?,

Islands of the Caliph … yeah, I can play this type of blobber, FP, looks like RTC, SP(no party)

Legends of Amberland II: The Song of Trees… well, if like the first one then quite likely I’ll get it since I enjoyed MM3-Xeen a lot. But, can one transfer alts from the first game. Ah! Big thing for some old timers.

*if on GoG or itchio.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom