Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Steam Marines - TB Squad Based Roguelike set on a steampunk spaceship is now released

DramaticPopcorn

share your impressions, dakasha

DakaSha

Arcane
Tedious as shit. just stopped playing it.

Has potential but i dont think im going to play it unless they fix the tediousness of moving around your squad.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Has potential but i dont think im going to play it unless they fix the tediousness of moving around your squad.
what's tedious about it? before clearing a deck you absolutely need to move one by one and afterwards you can just use follow mode...

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Yeah, picked this up, because it was what....a cup of nice coffee? Why not. If it eventually meets its potential, I'll have a nice space-themed squad rougelike, and really, there aren't any of those. I'm hoping the sales+ rabid fans of these sorts of games keeps the devs on their toes, and I'll check back in a few months from now.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Yeah I picked it up too. I like the full keyboard controls in a way, but mouse-based play would've make it a little less time consuming to play. I like how you can destroy walls and whatnot, didn't like how some doors are apparently booby trapped and killed my marine while walking through ;(.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bought it. WorthlessBums you are herby prohibited from putting it in a bundle for at least six months so I don't regret my purchase.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
It's one of those games where a single dumb move can get a squad member killed. I absolutely love it.

ColCol

Arcane
Holy shit, from the Bum's development blog:

"By 2014 Steam Marines had, just four months after it had transitioned from open alpha to paid alpha, sold over 50,000 copies across all distribution platforms"

It's pretty amazing it even reached that amount, I rarely see the game talked about at all.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"By 2014 Steam Marines had, just four months after it had transitioned from open alpha to paid alpha, sold over 50,000 copies across all distribution platforms"

That's pretty amazing it reached that amount, I rarely see the game talked about at all.

It's worth mentioning that they had an amazing 75% off sale while in Early Access, so

ColCol

Arcane

That's pretty amazing it reached that amount, I rarely see the game talked about at all.

It's worth mentioning that they had an amazing 75% off sale while in Early Access, so

True, but that still seems like a large amount given that no one has really talked about the game. I've barely even seen any reviews (metacrtic has one critic review). Do people impulse buy that heavily?

WorthlessBums

Novice

True, but that still seems like a large amount given that no one has really talked about the game. I've barely even seen any reviews (metacrtic has one critic review). Do people impulse buy that heavily?
This link may be of interest to you! Specifically:

"The median game on Steam sells just under 50,000 copies on the service, according to our estimates, while a game in the 25th percentile has sold about 215,000 copies."

So really, Steam Marines is quite aver... median. Or was at the end of 2013 anyway.

Absalom

It's tricky as fuck though, haven't made it very far yet.

Well worth the purchase.

ColCol

Arcane
Man, this this game is pretty tough, maybe too tough (for my taste). By the second level you are already fighting enemies that are immune to damage from the front (and they attack in groups). An exercise in frustration.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom