Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starcraft challenge for noobs

Kraszu

Prophet
Anybody still playing on codex? I can give you life opportunity that you had alweys dream of, to play 2v1 if there are people that have not played mp I can try 1v3 lolz. I suck now so it should not be one sided.

Btw new tournament whit English commentary (does not require SC to watch):
http://razertsl.teamliquid.net/coverage

Texas Red

Whiner
Does anyone actually has enough skill to win 1 v 3? I have hard time imagining even 1 v 2.

Suicidal

Arcane
I once almost beat two of my friends. Almost doesn't count, however...

Kraszu

Prophet
I had win couple of 1v2 before, actually winning 1v2 against beginners is not that hard.

Kraszu

Prophet
almantas said:
I still play casually time to time on ICCup. Think I've played about 50 games in last 4 months... Anyway, thanks for the link. Also there's www.gomtv.net. I'd love to try 1v2 :).

They you may not be worse then me even my friend was C+ he is about as good as I am (through now I will have to play some games to get back in "shape"). I am inactive and I was playing 2vs2 mostly. I don't care about loosing or winning but if one side is much better then games will not be fun. We can play 1vs1 I suck whit T so if you are worse then I can play T.

Oh I watch gomtv also actually I don't play now but watch games, works better whit my laziness. There are also games from korean league:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jon747
And some people makes commentaries:
www.sc2gg.net
Through don;t trust in they strategic analyse. Deus_073 is funny.
Oh and Ascension:
http://www.mediaesports.com/tv/ascension/ - Artosis is greatest commentary he commentates TSL also.

almantas

Novice
Im nowhere near C level myself. Most of my games were "noobs only", and only recently I started to win good portion of them. Anyway, how do you plan to setup the game? Via hamatchi, I guess?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
2 v 1 is possible if the 2 players are still stick with the 1 barracks, 1 factory, 1 base , bunker up and tech to battlecruiser mentality.

I did it before with a Protoss vs 2 Terran match. I think they told me to have a 15 min cease fire before attacking them, so I just sent probe everywhere and warp 3-4 expansions before walling them in their base with photon cannons. Then to make sure they don't learn how to play, I just mass spam 10 templars and the rest carriers. Hallucinate and have fun fucking their minds.

Kraszu

Prophet
almantas said:
Im nowhere near C level myself. Most of my games were "noobs only", and only recently I started to win good portion of them. Anyway, how do you plan to setup the game? Via hamatchi, I guess?

I would prefer Iccup less hassle, hamachi is fine also. We can play 1v2 at worse I will get double raped, nothing bad.

Kraszu

Prophet
RK47 said:
2 v 1 is possible if the 2 players are still stick with the 1 barracks, 1 factory, 1 base , bunker up and tech to battlecruiser mentality.

1vs3 against such players would be easy I guess, I played whit not that horrible player 1vs2 and won.

almantas

Novice
Thats pretty wierd :?. Anyway, my account is indeed lemon_. I even bothered to stat myself, and it displayed everything correctly (and it did so for "lemon" account too).

MetalCraze

Arcane
Dark Individual said:
Does anyone actually has enough skill to win 1 v 3? I have hard time imagining even 1 v 2.

it is possible to win 1 v 2 as long as you know what you're doing.
f.e. a long time ago (damn I didn't play SC MP for almost 7 years or so now) I've had this match with co-students. after some time in the game I've managed to convince one of them to go fight his ally just for major lulz. so lulz started to flow - they were good because his ally decided to retaliate instead of logging off like faggots do. at the mean time I, while being a protoss, stole the terran worker of the first guy and secretly built some major protoss/terran butt-kicking army. and so when the 1st guy went to fight a 2nd guy with all his forces - I went to do some demolition works at his base.
so basically he lost all his army, but destroyed most of 2nd guy's base and forces - so I simply came with full force and finished the 2nd guy.
so winning 1v2 is quite easy sometimes. btw my favorite and most lulzy 1v2 game I've ever had. ah sweet memories.

Lingwe

Liturgist
The Korean professionals can win 1 vs 7. There was a Korean guy in my boarding school who played Starcraft. Apparently he knew a guy who was capable of taking on 7 computers. I usually have problems beating even 1.

Shannow

Waster of Time
RK47 said:
I did it before with a Protoss vs 2 Terran match. I think they told me to have a 15 min cease fire before attacking them
That is the important part, isn't it? I don't think many people could win 1v2 if the 2 have played some SC before even if it wasn't ladder/mp...
Or can any of you tell me your stratagy of surviving a double zerg rush? ;)

skyway, your discription, though interesting, sounds more like a 1v1v1 match than 1v2.

Any information whether ascension will be continued?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Shannow said:
skyway, your discription, though interesting, sounds more like a 1v1v1 match than 1v2.

it was 1v2 initially. it turned into buttraping only after some "diplomacy"

what was quite funny is that the guy promised to never ever fight on my side in SC after that - but in a week when we gathered in an internet cafe for some quite fun FFA match (1v1v1v1v1) we eventually ended up secretly at one side (the remaining two guys eventually decided to fight each other) and dumped 102 nukes at that 2nd guy just for lulz (btw he never surrenders in SC - fights till the last unit). (imagine "nuclear launch detected" with an echo - when 3-5 nukes were getting launched simultaneously like every minute). people there were loling.

strangely enough I've never had such lulzy experience in any other RTS' MP - like f.e. C&C series and Reality Pump's RTS' always felt much "serious" in multiplayer games. blizzard's warcrafts also were pretty dull and unfunny.

Kraszu

Prophet
Shannow said:
Or can any of you tell me your stratagy of surviving a double zerg rush? ;)

Bunker and building near mineral line. Whit protoss mass zealots. Whit zerg you would have to sacrifice to much economy whit sunken I guess it would be hardest, but that depends on map on big ass map it would take them some time to find you.

Kraszu

Prophet
There is just much more fun staff you can do in SC, templar/reaver drop, lurker drop, lurker drop whit swarm, irradiate your own vessels and kill drones, all of those are used in serious games as well it is not only for lolz but actually valid action. Stasis is great also.

Instead of arguing let's play but real noobs(people thqat think that rushing to carriers is valid strategy in 2vs2 and so on), otherwise there would be no point.

I can try to play against skyway and Lingwe.

Destroid

Arcane
I was once the neglected 3rd wheel in a FFA so I sent full psi worth of upgraded zealots into one of their main bases for the lulz.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Apparently he knew a guy who was capable of taking on 7 computers. I usually have problems beating even 1.
Bah that doesnt count as being cool. I can beat 7 CPUs -- basically you just need to send out workers early to their bases and lure their workers away from minerals by attacking them once -- they will follow you wherever you want them to go. And even if that fails, there are always cheesy strats that give you advantage over a dumb CPU (despite it being "insane"). CPUs are just completeyly retarded in starcraft, that's a sad reality of it.

MetalCraze

Arcane
today retarded CPU is called "super-aggressive AI" (c) Ubisoft

and indeed in starcraft they are super-aggressive - throwing at you everything they got - but then you just start noticing the pattern in the development of their forces - and then you simply know how to counter-attack them because you know what units AI will send.
there even were decompiled SC AI scripts somewhere (for modding) - and by looking at them you can learn how SC AI "thinks". the thinking is pretty linear. (btw this also goes for C&C series)

still I doubt it is easy to beat 7 CPUs - consider that you will have to fight against the army that is 7 times bigger than yours - no matter how predictable AI is.

Kraszu

Prophet
skyway said:
today retarded CPU is called "super-aggressive AI" (c) Ubisoft

and indeed in starcraft they are super-aggressive - throwing at you everything they got - but then you just start noticing the pattern in the development of their forces - and then you simply know how to counter-attack them because you know what units AI will send.
there even were decompiled SC AI scripts somewhere (for modding) - and by looking at them you can learn how SC AI "thinks". the thinking is pretty linear. (btw this also goes for C&C series)

still I doubt it is easy to beat 7 CPUs - consider that you will have to fight against the army that is 7 times bigger than yours - no matter how predictable AI is.

Well one cpu will not build as much as you, but the biggest factor is that they can't attack in reasonable way, they will block at wall, just make game on hunters, build wall mass tanks there, they will loose units.resources and kill you suplay deopot from time to time after some time when they will spend resources just make whatever unit you like and roll over them. (Zerg are easiest Terran is hardest select 7 zergs)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom