Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spectulations on enemies in Aliens RPG

Heresiarch

Prophet
I'm wondering what kind of monsters would the game have, as being a RPG it would require progressingly powerful monsters yet the type of Aliens is limited. It would be stupid to have reskinned xenomorphs with more and more HP and stupider and stupider names like Xenomorph Youth, Xenomorph Warrior, Xenomorph Brute, Xenomorph Elite, Xenomorph Lair Guardian, Xenomorph Queen Protector, Xenomorph Annihilator, Xenomorph kingcomrade (which is pink) and such.

Murk

Arcane
my assumption is they will take creative liberty with the aliens established types and basically clone the zerg from starcraft

or you know, make stuff up

Zomg

Arbiter
I'm gonna sit here and imagine they're going for Alien and the cumulative experience of combat is radically different than any game we've ever seen. Lah lah lah lah

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
My approach would be to keep all the originals ONLY. Don't add "Xenomorph Servant" bullshit.

Give them reasonable strength... in the beginning killing even one should be hard.

As you grow in levels, you will also be subjected to higher numbers of them. By the climax of the game, you will be faced with something like 70 aliens at once, and you'll be wearng titanium armor, armed with two submachine guns and a shoulder-mounted rocket launcher.

And five mobile drones with mounted gatling guns.

And gas.

Lemunde

Scholar
aliendrone2.jpg

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
If they're smart they'll keep it to the series archetypes. For the aliens the Queen, alien (original) ,warrior (aliens) and dog alien (alien 3) with the obligatory face hugger should be more than enough. especially when they make them all extremely deadly so that killing even one feels like an accomplishment. AvP was a great game, but it still felt kinda silly how my scared lonely marine managed to wipe out a few thousand of the buggers.

Besides aliens I'm going to be expecting humans and androids as enemy types. I just hope they go for a quality over quantity approach here. It's an awesome setting to play around in, would be extremely unfortuante for them to ruin it.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Apparently there are far more kind of Alien in the "expanded universe" of Alien canon setting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ca ... d_universe

So if Obsidian isn't that stupid, they shan't lack material to build their xenomorph database. Though I must say I lolled at the mention of gorilla Xenomorph, bull Xenomorph and other bullshit.

BTW the pink Xenomorph might actually be a great idea as an easter egg feature, and killing it can give you the pink xenomorph costume.

Suchy

Arcane
Heresiarch said:
I'm wondering what kind of monsters would the game have, as being a RPG it would require progressingly powerful monsters yet the type of Aliens is limited. It would be stupid to have reskinned xenomorphs with more and more HP and stupider and stupider names like Xenomorph Youth, Xenomorph Warrior, Xenomorph Brute, Xenomorph Elite, Xenomorph Lair Guardian, Xenomorph Queen Protector, Xenomorph Annihilator, Xenomorph kingcomrade (which is pink) and such.
Todd Howard

Lemunde

Scholar
Dr.Bloodmoney said:
http://alien.chaosforge.org/ ???

I played that a while back. It's actually pretty fun but the guy could have taken it further than he did. I think he said he only spent a week making it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom