Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SoZ theme song

Warden

Arbiter
There's this nice song I wanted to share with all the nice guys and morons on the codex.

Tony Evans:
"Because I enjoy embarrassing myself publicly, I'm going to share with you guys a little mind vomit I had today.

Behold! Storm of Zehir's theme song:

(sung to the tune of Kokomo by the Beach Boys)
SAMARGOL
Aruna, Jacoby, ooh I wanna go please
To Vadin’ya, Sa’Sani, come on sail with Lastri
Meet Inshula, Umoja, Volo why don’t we go

On the Samarach coast
There’s a place called Samargol
That’s where you wanna go to get arrested and hung

Bodies in the sand
Your ship just crashed, things are out hand
You’ll be feeding the mouths
Of a starved Batiri hunting band
Down in Samargol

(Chorus)
Aruna, Jacoby, ooh I wanna go please
To Vadin’ya, Sa’Sani, come on sail with Lastri
Meet Inshula, Umoja, Volo why don’t we go

Ooh I wanna take you down to Samargol
We’ll get there fast and then we’ll kill some trolls
That’s one of many goals
Way down in Samargol"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rBjpjEAi24

Isn't he so lovable? In fact, I want to visit Samarach with him.. and make love with him on the sand. :oops:

burrie

Scholar
On SoZ related news tho', I came across this interestin' post just now...

Nathaniel Chapman said:
You can *absolutely* keep playing after the end of the main scenario! In fact, the retire feature lets you end the game at any point, even before concluding the main questline (don't expect a very good ending if you do that, though).

There's some content that we put in that is definitely intended to be a challenge for the hardest of the hardcore, including something somewhat spoiled by a certain preview of the game .

I reached level 16 in my playthrough and I could have easily hit level 17 if I had wanted. I did not complete all of the content, either. I don't think it's unreasonable to hit level 20 if you do absolutely everything and do a lot of random encounters, but I think that the high teens are more likely where you'll be at if you complete all the content and don't bother grinding.

One thing I will say is that a LOT more of the content is optional in SoZ than in any other NWN game to memory. I would say probably on the order of 20% of the content is on the crit path and 80% is side content - we're more in line with Fallout in that regard than NWN2.

Of course, if you want to actually be able to DO the crit path stuff, you better do at least some of the side quests... Much like fallout, you *can* skip a lot of stuff but you'll find the XP/loot will come in handy. Not to mention it's fun to explore

Warden

Arbiter
burrie said:
On SoZ related news tho', I came across this interestin' post just now...

Hey Imoen..

I am not impressed by the possibility to grind the same random encounters to level 30.

But yes, the power to the unique "side" content! :sailor moon:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
bishoujosenshisailormoocu1.png
bishoujosenshisailormoomw4.png
bishoujosenshisailormooob5.png

bishoujosenshisailormooyi0.png
bishoujosenshisailormoota1.png
bishoujosenshisailormoosa8.png

bishoujosenshisailormoogc2.png
bishoujosenshisailormoorn8.png
bishoujosenshisailormoosx2.png

bishoujosenshisailormoovg9.png

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
I should do a Let's Play of that game one day...

Would I sound like a queer if I admit publicly that I have the 18 Sailor Moon books and the 3 Sailor V books?

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Now that sounds like my kind of stuff! But I'm a bit afraid I will invariably end up comparing it to the excellent Thorgal serie by Van Hamme and Rosiński (excellent up to around the 20th book, some say the serie jumped the shark with the 23rd). Still thanks for helping me reaffirm my masculinity!

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Ok, I'm sold.

As for Thorgal, it's European not Japanese and pretty big in France and Belgium, Van Hamme is also the writer for the XIII serie (that one jumped the shark too some time ago). It has some very interesting characters and the serie focuses obviously on the main hero but also his wife and later children. One feature is that the story mixes fantasy and sci-fi, with more emphasis on the fantasy, but many episodes do not rely on any of these and have a more realistic approach.

Erebus

Arcane
Gragt said:

You definitely should ! I actually finished "Sailor Moon : Another Story" (seriously, the game is called "Another story", how original is that ?). As far as the gameplay is concerned, it's a terrible game, with extremely repetitive figths. As far as the story goes... well, it's Sailor Moon.

the excellent Thorgal serie by Van Hamme and Rosiński

Meh. I used to like it at first, but I grew bored. Very, very bored. Mostly because of the characters. Even Dark Action Girl Krys grew annoying after a while.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It's fine to like manga and anime as long as you don't get off to it. That's the rule. If you ever fap to a cartoon character, you'll never ever get laid again. Women know stuff like that. And if you get laid after you jerked it to a cartoon, she's really just after your kidneys. Beware waking up in a tub filled with the icyest of icy icecubes.

Btw, this rule goes for anything really. Take me as an example: I like cats. But I don't fuck cats. I'm a normal human being.

Also: Tuxedo Mask is so fucking dreamy.

edit: Yes, do a LP. I never finished Another Story.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Erebus said:
Gragt said:

You definitely should ! I actually finished "Sailor Moon : Another Story" (seriously, the game is called "Another story", how original is that ?). As far as the gameplay is concerned, it's a terrible game, with extremely repetitive figths. As far as the story goes... well, it's Sailor Moon.

I think I finished it twice because I was really bored at some time in my life. Never thought I'd do another playthrough but hmm... It's not a very good game but the formations with the different sailors was somewhat fun until you figure where to place which girl. I also remember that Sailor Saturn was teh pwn with her aoe attack.

Kiree

Scholar
Andyman Messiah said:
It's fine to like manga and anime as long as you don't get off to it. That's the rule. If you ever fap to a cartoon character, you'll never ever get laid again. Women know stuff like that.
Well, that explains a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom