Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sovereign Syndicate playtest available

vazha

Arcane
Art is top notch, we'll see about the rest.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
man its wordy and annoying to read. Pulling tarrot cards take too long. In disco your inner voices were taking a stand occasionally, when there was something useful/witty to be said. In here all of them appear to talk always? Also lack of distinct personality so they kind of blend together.

Played briefly and noticed that on default settings my fans were spinning wild. Is it another case of elex school of optimization?

Text-heavy game with bad writing is basically gonna be dead on arrival. Any second opinions on this?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
man its wordy and annoying to read. Pulling tarrot cards take too long. In disco your inner voices were taking a stand occasionally, when there was something useful/witty to be said. In here all of them appear to talk always? Also lack of distinct personality so they kind of blend together.

Played briefly and noticed that on default settings my fans were spinning wild. Is it another case of elex school of optimization?

Text-heavy game with bad writing is basically gonna be dead on arrival. Any second opinions on this?
even if you put writing quality aside, imagine reading a book and you have to hit space every single sentence

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But, oof, that trailer is just... "inspired by Baldur's Gate, Fallout, D:OS ..." - yet it has no combat.
I mean, come on, what's the inspiration, then? Having stats? Being vaguely RPG-like?
If you gotta name drop, at least show you understand what made those games good.

The only inspiration that makes sense is Disco Elysium, but that game only worked because of the exceptional writing.
That game was/is an actual visual novel, and a good one at that, maybe the only one so far.
Guess it's not so easy to pull off a Disco Elysium.

Still, there is a chance it won't be crap.
I'll have to wait and see more impressions before I check it out.

Skdursh

Savant
I really feel like games like this would get a much better reception here if they were just honest with themselves and the audience about what it really is and called it an adventure game instead of trying to pretend that "Disco-like" is a valid subgenre of RPG. Disco Elysium was an adventure game and so is this; accept it.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
:?

And the big question since drugs and brothels are mentioned
Sex scenes? Positions? Handhold tiefling horns? Minotaur & Centaur cock? Good grief!
hSfGvi1.jpg

4gHcTnU.jpg

you sure you want drinks & food from here?

HEATHENS! UNCLEAN!

ok.. mind went into deepend gutter...
should I be surprised reddit found this first?

Last edited:

Isaac (Crimson Herring)

Crimson Herring Studios
Developer
Hey Everyone, thanks for the feedback. I know this game won't be for everyone and we're trying to be transparent about what we're making to level-set people's expectations.

We're still early in development and we're working on it, so there will still be some changes. We want to share as much as we can early on to get some good player feedback to help guide our development decisions. So far lots of positive feedback on art and atmosphere, still some work to be done on game mechanics, UI, and writing.

Appreciate anyone that took the time to play and provide feedback.

-Isaac

Isaac (Crimson Herring)

Crimson Herring Studios
Developer
Crimson Herring Studios managed to score $250,000 in funding from the Canadian government.

I don't know if this incentivizes me to move to Canada or stay the hell away from it.

This made me angry even when I misread it as $25,000. God dammit. :argh:

Wait until you see our latest funding announcement... https://twitter.com/HerringStudios/status/1559710936646033409?s=20&t=FtSTee3Q4z1XCo-UYTecrA

Seriously though, good to know we'll have the funding we need to make the game we want. Still talking with publishers about extra support for things like voiceover, localization, and console ports, but at least it's not a question of if, but when.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Crimson Herring Studios managed to score $250,000 in funding from the Canadian government.

I don't know if this incentivizes me to move to Canada or stay the hell away from it.

This made me angry even when I misread it as $25,000. God dammit. :argh:

Wait until you see our latest funding announcement... https://twitter.com/HerringStudios/status/1559710936646033409?s=20&t=FtSTee3Q4z1XCo-UYTecrA

Seriously though, good to know we'll have the funding we need to make the game we want. Still talking with publishers about extra support for things like voiceover, localization, and console ports, but at least it's not a question of if, but when.
Plz send me a key. I pay my taxes! :P

Other than that, congrats, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom