Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soulstorm

Reject_666_6

Arcane
Well, now that the DoW Pro: SS mod just came out with version 3.57, I thought I'd ask if the Codex likes the game.

Soulstorm was pretty unbalanced when it came out (RELIC) but after a few patches and the DoWPro mod it became really great, especially with all the new additions to the races' tech.

Does anybody still play? Any takers for a few short match-ups this week?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Bugstorm? It was goddamn bugged and unbalanced, but still I played one campaign with SoB. Very much prefer it over the DoW2.

But not playing anymore.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Soulstorm was the best balanced Dow at launch(except for that one xploit). I played it mostly multiplayer, because that's what it was good at. SP was pretty suck even though the stronghold assaults were pretty inventive at times.

deshields538

Scholar
Soulstorm online was pretty fun as long as you joined games where the host kicked any SoB players (when the infinite resource bug was about). I thought the Dark Eldar were a decent addition to the game as well.

I don't really play it anymore but I did manage to complete the Imperial Guard and Necron campaign. I had more fun with the game than with DoW2, especially in regards to multiplayer. That's going to stay the same for me unless they fundamental change online play or add Imperial Guard.

I might download the Pro mod for the game this weekend and take a look to see if there's an online community for it.

Reject_666_6

Arcane
I've checked the known "hotspots" for finding SS players, and the one with the best results is this. There are probably more on the weekends.

I hated DoW2 too and I found SS to be a lot better, IMO.

Korgan

Arbiter
Don't bother, FoK hasn't been ported over to it yet. And it looks like it'll take another year or so. The devs are promising to make it a real treat though, with a united Inquisition faction and a balanced global campaign.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I liked the game and have spent lots of hours playing with friends but then I found out about CoH, since then its collecting dust.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom